Model

Rheanna Walker

Oak Harbor, Ohio, US

Hey I just had a question....How do you know if some of the modeling things are a scam or not? like if they ask you to meet them out of your state to take pictures? Is it safe??

Mar 03 06 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

Luther

Arlington, Virginia, US

Rheanna Walker wrote:
Hey I just had a question....How do you know if some of the modeling things are a scam or not? like if they ask you to meet them out of your state to take pictures? Is it safe??

If you do feel safe then don't go.  State lines have nothing to do with safety.

Mar 03 06 06:36 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

Some are some aren't. I have to warn you coming here and demanded to be paid on your profile but not having a portfolio probably isn't going to help you. You might want to think about paying a really good photographer to help you or try the TFP route first. Then you say you aren't willing to do nudes and that is ok but what are you willing to shoot,  more importantly what are you qualified to shoot.

Mar 03 06 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

jac3950

Freedom, New Hampshire, US

Rheanna,

Welcome.... ordinarily I wouldn't respond in the forum to a post like yours, but I'm sorry to say your posting and profile are screaming for a response.

First, you signed up yesterday, and I suspect it's safe to say this is your first stop on the many available options for internet modeling. Do a little research in these forums on topics that concern or interest you. Do it before you put your foot in your mouth and get flamed by some of the veteran models and photographs.

Second, you admit on your profile to having no experience, and the images in your portfolio, while interesting from a conceptual point of view, are far from professional. However, you come on demanding to be paid for your modeling time.

Do you have any sense of just how much a model's portfolio is worth to the model? And yet, you expect to not just get shots for your portfolio for free... you expect to get paid by someone for the privilege of taking them.

You need to do a little reality checking.

Best of luck.... you do have a nice look, in my opinion.

Mar 03 06 06:40 pm Link