Forums > General Industry > Model Turned. . .Beauty Contestant? Hmmmm

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Ok.  This is one for my fellow Plus-Sized models (or aspiring).

Monique has this "Beauty Contest" called Monique's F.A.T. chance, FAT stands for Fabulous And Thick.  I guess it is sort of like ANTM but for those of us who aren't tall and slim.

So. . .my question is:
Is anyone from MM going to DO this???  Or do models not do "beauty contests"?

*gets comfortable and waits for the inevitable ishstorm to come*

Mar 02 06 09:19 am Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

I'm not going to do it, though if I were in LA for the audition I might give it a whirl, just because I've never done anything remotely like that, and why not?  I have occasionally heard decision-making people, like editors of magazines and plus clothing reps say that while there's no official badness about beauty pageants, they're not considered all that impressive, either. 

That, however, was not speaking specifically about Monique's show.  I say, if you're in an area they're having auditions, and you're interested, go for it!  She's using her celebrity to encourage people to broaden their horizons and see fat people in a more positive way, all of which is good, as far as I'm concerned.  I can't see doing something like that preventing you getting any jobs down the road.

Good luck!

Mar 02 06 09:48 am Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

Jayne Jones wrote:
Or do models not do "beauty contests"?

many models are also beauty pageant contestants!  look up lady bronze..also, i think sonia vera was miss something (look her up to).....they are different things, but many beauty pageant constestants do model or have modeled or blah blah blah you get what i'm saying smile

Mar 02 06 09:50 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

I can dig it.

Mar 02 06 10:20 am Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

I considered auditioning for this show for about 10 minutes. I'm not sure if I qualify.

Mar 02 06 12:09 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Kitapanda wrote:
I considered auditioning for this show for about 10 minutes. I'm not sure if I qualify.

I was listening to her on Tom Joyner this morning and she said she is looking for women that wear a 14 and up.  She said "you aren't truly plus-sized until you're wearin a teen or twenties."

I don't know if there was any other criteria per se that you had to meet.  The website is:
http://www.oxygen.com/specials/casting/fatchance/

Mar 02 06 01:26 pm Link