Forums > General Industry > height-lying models...i'm not really mad :-)

Photographer

Sagacity Studios

Sacramento, California, US

Just a quick one if anyone wants to say something on this.

Did a shoot with a model recetly. Listed on OMP as being height 5'2. So i knew she was short, no big deal right? my assistant/mua for the shoot is 5'3. This girl was much shorter than my assistant, neither of them were wearing heels or blocky shoes. I'm guessing she was 4'10 MAYBE 4'11, 5 feet tall on the best day of her life. Like i said its no biggie she is short, might i have not shot with her if i knew the truth...possibly. But lying about 3-4 inches is much. Pics came out OK, its totally my fault, she had some REALLY nice headshots, but i didn't ask to see any full lenght shots. Any comments?

Mar 01 06 01:54 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

Dayuuum

She's shorter than short. Well it's good that you were cool with it though. Other photographers may have had a problem. However, some photographers strictly work with tall girls and wouldn't bother setting up a shoot with her anyway, whether she was 5'6'', 5'3'', or 4'11''. I'd say she got lucky, that you weren't like "get out, you lied" lol.

Mar 01 06 01:59 pm Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

hmmm.people lie about that stuff alot it seems, It isnt your fault you didnt know. It is hard to judge height from headshots though,lol.dont worry. smile

Mar 01 06 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Since she wasn't on a runway, unless it affected the fit of an outfit, I guess I don't see the harm. I don't get hung up on height. I've had one model 5'10" who seemed shorter than I (5'10")...and another who listed at 5'5" inches who appeared much taller. I don't keep a convenience store height chart by my studio door so I'm guessing it has more to do with presence..

Mar 01 06 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

Sagacity Studios

ur right some would have done that, i'm not that mean yet, besides she was soooo small, its hard to get mad at something so tiny...lol.

cole

Mar 01 06 02:03 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

Sagacity Studios wrote:
ur right some would have done that, i'm not that mean yet, besides she was soooo small, its hard to get mad at something so tiny...lol.

cole

interesting lol

Mar 01 06 02:04 pm Link

Model

Rachel Dashae

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I don't understand why you would. I mean you could easily put some platforms or high-heel shoes on and be 5'2,or whatever.

I'm a proud 4'9,and my profile actually says so. :]

Mar 01 06 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Nerlande wrote:
Dayuuum

She's shorter than short. Well it's good that you were cool with it though. Other photographers may have had a problem. However, some photographers strictly work with tall girls and wouldn't bother setting up a shoot with her anyway, whether she was 5'6'', 5'3'', or 4'11''. I'd say she got lucky, that you weren't like "get out, you lied" lol.

yeah, totally agree

Like some models who list 5'6" when they are 5'2"

Mar 01 06 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

Sagacity Studios

Yumemiru wrote:
I don't understand why you would. I mean you could easily put some platforms or high-heel shoes on and be 5'2,or whatever.

I'm a proud 4'9,and my profile actually says so. :]

EXATCLY, be proud and list what you ARE. Thnx Yumemiru!

cole

Mar 01 06 02:09 pm Link