Forums > General Industry > get an agent please

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

KARLOS MATTHEWS wrote:

please explain wouldn't you make more if your doing more photoshoots that pay more  ( even if the agent takes a cut) you'll still make more $$$ right. A Pepsi commercial would pay a great deal more than a photographer or a local clothing store right? It leads me to think model who say no to agencies only because they can't get an agency to rep them. It's kinda like me saying no to the 2006 lexxus right

Bad,  bad analogy.

The type of model that would work most Pepsi commercial.   You are not knowledgeable enough about both markets to understand that the is a tremendous amount of time lost for many models in the agency system.   So many go sees and BS from the bookers and so little jobs if they are borderline.

No judgement on beauty but maybe market area,   willingness to be in the system,  or size or color.

The net gives those that choose the net path to just say Pay me Now.

Not all agencies jobs are paid well.   It all depends on level and not everyone can be at the top.
If you belong at the top and like it there then why not but not all do have it or want to be there or fit into the little box that is made in that part of the industry.

Most will except your statement for it comes with attitude.
Your analysis is flawed.

Mar 01 06 12:33 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Speaking for myself, I'm trying to decide where I want to live: stay here, Miami or L.A. and until I shop around the agencies, I'm going to stay on MM and OMP, and book paying gigs (and yes, some TFP).

-D

Mar 01 06 02:01 pm Link