Forums > General Industry > Obviously a scam to get me to buy the "class"

Model

Cynthia2

Memphis, Alabama, US

This is the email I received this morning... Obviously a scam to get me to buy the acting class. I had never ever talked to this woman's husband OR showed interest in their projects. She is a member here.

Hello, my name is XXXXXXX- you have spoken with my husband Jayson and expressed interest in the company's porojects. I wanted to let you know about some projects we have coming up - one which is a class - if you are trying to pursue acting, I would suggest this class. Otherwise - the job offer still applies - let me know on either account asap which and what you may be interested in.

March 16th,2006 there will be a red carpet event for the dramatic comedy " Just the Two of Us" by Keenon Nakita. He needs 2 servers for wine and champagne as well as 1 attendant for his book table and 2 models to simply walk around wearing and handing out t-shirts. The pay would be $40 for the night and it would be a wonderful chance to network with artists, film makers and actors. All of the major news stations will be there to cover the event. Let me know if you are interested and I'll get you more information.

(This is in NO means required - only suggested)
***Also . An L.A acting coach,XXXX, is coming to Memphis for the weekend April 21- 23. She is a SAG agent and is REALLY TUFF on you but there is amazing results. I will be at this class unless God grant it otherwise and I suggest anyone serious do the same if money permits. This class is $250 with the fee due March 31rst. Please let me know as quickly as possible if you are interested in joining this class as it is only available to 20 students.

Feb 27 06 03:21 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Uhm, she offered you a job...a paid job.

Feb 27 06 03:23 pm Link

Model

Cynthia2

Memphis, Alabama, US

Nemi wrote:
Uhm, she offered you a job...a paid job.

In L.A.

Feb 27 06 03:25 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Show me where it says that?

Feb 27 06 03:26 pm Link

Model

Cynthia2

Memphis, Alabama, US

Actually no she didn't offer me the job she offered to get me more info.

Feb 27 06 03:27 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

....maybe you should be careful before you scream scam to the masses.
...just sayin.

Feb 27 06 03:30 pm Link

Model

Dani Monique

Atlanta, Georgia, US

it doesnt quite read scam, but i can see where your coming from because she mentioned the acting class and gave much more detail on that twice in the email, but it really just seems like she is marketing something that can potentially benefit you.

Feb 27 06 03:31 pm Link

Model

Cynthia2

Memphis, Alabama, US

Maybe so, but the opening line of her email is false. I have not ever talked to or discussed anything with her husband. No communication at all and until this email I never heard of them.

Feb 27 06 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Cynthia2 wrote:
This is the email I received this morning... Obviously a scam to get me to buy the acting class. I had never ever talked to this woman's husband OR showed interest in their projects. She is a member here.

Hello, my name is XXXXXXX- you have spoken with my husband Jayson and expressed interest in the company's porojects. I wanted to let you know about some projects we have coming up - one which is a class - if you are trying to pursue acting, I would suggest this class. Otherwise - the job offer still applies - let me know on either account asap which and what you may be interested in.

March 16th,2006 there will be a red carpet event for the dramatic comedy " Just the Two of Us" by Keenon Nakita. He needs 2 servers for wine and champagne as well as 1 attendant for his book table and 2 models to simply walk around wearing and handing out t-shirts. The pay would be $40 for the night and it would be a wonderful chance to network with artists, film makers and actors. All of the major news stations will be there to cover the event. Let me know if you are interested and I'll get you more information.

(This is in NO means required - only suggested)
***Also . An L.A acting coach,XXXX, is coming to Memphis for the weekend April 21- 23. She is a SAG agent and is REALLY TUFF on you but there is amazing results. I will be at this class unless God grant it otherwise and I suggest anyone serious do the same if money permits. This class is $250 with the fee due March 31rst. Please let me know as quickly as possible if you are interested in joining this class as it is only available to 20 students.

Looks to me like she offered you the job. Granted, I can't imagine you flying across the country for $40. This doesn't scream scam. It just looks like it's probably not a very good deal for you due to your location.

Feb 27 06 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

round trip ticket to LA $400
hotel 200
food 5$  model dont eat - hzve some drunk take you to dinner
cabs - $120
class $250

total $975.00
model gig $40
I say you have 'invested' $935  in your modeling acting career!

You are way ahead!

Feb 27 06 03:33 pm Link

Model

Cynthia2

Memphis, Alabama, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
round trip ticket to LA $400
hotel 200
food 5$  model dont eat - hzve some drunk take you to dinner
cabs - $120
class $250

total $975.00
model gig $40
I say you have 'invested' $935  in your modeling acting career!

You are way ahead!

Well I stand corrected then...

Feb 27 06 03:35 pm Link

Model

Dani Monique

Atlanta, Georgia, US

lol thats so true. it sounds more like an investment and it actually may be a bit less if you look around for some cheap hotels and such. just look at the 40 dollars as food money... and the actual event as a great way to network with actors, directors, and most of all be seen... especially if your trying to get into acting. this will be the perfect place to get in.

Feb 27 06 03:36 pm Link

Model

Dani Monique

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Cynthia2 wrote:
Maybe so, but the opening line of her email is false. I have not ever talked to or discussed anything with her husband. No communication at all and until this email I never heard of them.

well in that case it could have been a mass email she sent to many of the models who did show an interest, and she just so happened to send it to you as well feeling as if you may fit the part. or she could be mistaking you for some other model... but in the mystery of how things work this could actually be something good for you.

Feb 27 06 03:37 pm Link

Model

Cynthia2

Memphis, Alabama, US

Dani Monique wrote:

well in that case it could have been a mass email she sent to many of the models who did show an interest, and she just so happened to send it to you as well feeling as if you may fit the part. or she could be mistaking you for some other model... but in the mystery of how things work this could actually be something good for you.

Always a possibility I suppose, however, my gut instinct tells me no way. Thanks for the replies and opinions though. I appreciate your insight.smile

Feb 27 06 03:41 pm Link