Forums > General Industry > Do you ever wish...?

Photographer

WBV Artography

San Antonio, Texas, US

You could have a camera mounted behind your eyes so that as you look and follow movement you can just take the shot?

Out in the woods and an owl swoops down. snatches a rodent and is gone before you can get the camera up or on a shoot and the model unintentionally makes a facial expression or movement that would be a prize and you were loading film or waiting for her to position?

Thing that scares me is where they might try to put the memory card slot.  big_smile

Feb 26 06 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

WhiteBears Visions wrote:
You could have a camera mounted behind your eyes so that as you look and follow movement you can just take the shot?

Out in the woods and an owl swoops down. snatches a rodent and is gone before you can get the camera up or on a shoot and the model unintentionally makes a facial expression or movement that would be a prize and you were loading film or waiting for her to position?

Thing that scares me is where they might try to put the memory card slot.  big_smile

They can't put the memeory cards "there".  Thats where my faxes come out.

Feb 26 06 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

C Alexander

Murrieta, California, US

all the time

Feb 26 06 11:15 pm Link

Photographer

artist

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

WhiteBears Visions wrote:

Actually, I had used some experimental gear a *long* time back (I'm sure things are better now, and this stuff is actually commercially available), where there was a headset, with heads-up type goggles, and a camera mounted like a third-eye.

You could move, and follow, and you'd get pictures of exactly what you were seeing.  This was a stereo set up, and wasn't working well, but the mono version was.  Can't say more than that, but after this many years, I can say that much.

Pretty soon we'll have Johnny Mnemonic's running around, photographing us, and downloading it to Big Brother.

The writing is already on the wall.  First video cameras.  Now photo/cell phones.  Then Photo MP3's, etc.

Scott
aka Bodyartist

Feb 27 06 11:07 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

You just reminded me of the eye-controled-focus on Canon's EOS 3.  To my knowledge they never put it on any other camera and I don't have a clue as to why.  It was/is a really great feature.

Paul

Feb 27 06 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Paul Ferrara wrote:
You just reminded me of the eye-controled-focus on Canon's EOS 3.  To my knowledge they never put it on any other camera and I don't have a clue as to why.  It was/is a really great feature.

Paul

I played with this on my friend's camera. I don't understand the mechanics of how it works. But, I assume it is shining an invisible laser at your retina. It could be just paranoia, but I don't trust a beam of light into my eye... Especially if you shoot on a daily basis. It hurts just thinking about how this gadget actually works.

Feb 27 06 08:10 pm Link