Forums > General Industry > What do you think? Scam or Real?

Model

Angelo C

Clearwater, Florida, US

They left a number and such but I left it out...obviously Its fake, 50gs over email!!...Has anyone else gotten notices like this?

Dear
This is Mr Glen Steven, the project Director of Limelight Modeling Inc, based in London, United Kingdom.
One of my clients has requested for about 26 beauty models for a modeling show that will be hosted in London next month, and the nature of the job will include: Lingerie, swimwear, fashion, beauty, tradeshow, fitness, commercial print and runway.
My company is contacting you to be part of this modeling show based on the statistics in your profile. Our client has proposed to pay the sum of $50,000 (Fifty thousand US dollars only) to each of the participating models for the modeling show which has a 6 (six) days durations. Also, an additional Up-front payment will be made to you, which will cover your flight tickets and other miscellaneous expenses.
If you are interested, we are expecting your immediate response. Also, you are to forward 5 (five) recent photographs of yours.
Keep fit and God bless.
Cheers
Glen Steven
Project Director
Limelight Modeling Inc
United Kingdom

Feb 23 06 01:34 pm Link

Model

Bella X

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Scam... This e-mail/a variation of it has been making the rounds recently. (I got 3 of them in ths past three days)

Also see the following threads:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=31377

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=31030

Feb 23 06 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Angelo C wrote:
They left a number and such but I left it out...obviously Its fake,

Why are you asking if it's a scam if you know it's fake?.. big_smile

Feb 23 06 01:39 pm Link

Model

Angelo C

Clearwater, Florida, US

C R Photography wrote:

Why are you asking if it's a scam if you know it's fake?.. big_smile

Maybe cause I want 50gs!!! lol

Feb 23 06 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Burgos Photography

Washington, District of Columbia, US

50K for 6 days of work sounds like supermodel/celeb $$$...hmmm...do they hunt you down and kill you afterward? If so, it could be real :-p

The phone # they left probably charges a buttload of $$$ to your phonebill or something...

Feb 23 06 01:42 pm Link