Forums > General Industry > Multiple Bookings

Model

Carrie_K

Orlando, Florida, US

It sounds to me like this is a win/ win for the photographer while the model might end up with less then she bargained for. I think it's a great idea if the model is told up front and agrees, but what if she doesn't. Do you book the back up anyway "just in case"? I understand that time is money and all that, but in a TFP, my time is just as valuable as the photographers. Sometimes the model only has so much time to shoot and splitting the time with other models would cut down on the images she could get done. Should I book a back up photographer just in case my flakes out and then you all can just shoot togeher if you both show up?

Apr 26 06 08:45 am Link

Photographer

Dogbone Alt-Process

Llano, Texas, US

I've only tried it once and it worked out remarkably well in the strangest way. Both models were aware of the arrangement and both were eager to shoot during morning phone conversations. Model #2 called in early afternoon and said a sudden onset of an upset stomach would prevent her from attending the evening shoot. I called Model #1 and she was okay with shooting alone and promised to be there on time. While I was setting up the studio, Model #2 called and said she was feeling much better and would like to shoot. She showed up on time and we got some great shots. Model #1 flaked, no show, no call, and no return of voicemail or MM messages.

Apr 26 06 08:59 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

unles the model is known..i always test with multible models..im not sitting waiting for someone thats isn't going to show or call...

Apr 26 06 09:00 am Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Nemi wrote:
I would be pissed if I set up a shoot and when I got there I was informed the photographer booked 3 other models.

I agree...if I set up a shoot with a photographer and there's no mention of other models, as far as I'm concerned, that's part of the deal. How would a photographer like it if there were 3 other photographers shooting with their model and they had to fight for her attention? I don't know...maybe your models are better people than me, but I personally don't like being misled. I hope you at least inform your models that there may be another model there.

Apr 26 06 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:

I agree...if I set up a shoot with a photographer and there's no mention of other models, as far as I'm concerned, that's part of the deal. How would a photographer like it if there were 3 other photographers shooting with their model and they had to fight for her attention? I don't know...maybe your models are better people than me, but I personally don't like being misled. I hope you at least inform your models that there may be another model there.

never said they weren't informed ... where did you get that from?

May 14 06 12:15 pm Link