Forums > General Industry > Can't get a new shoot in!

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yeah, yeah - boo-frickin'-hoo for me. I haven't gotten new photos in my portfolio since late last year, and even then it was just one or two from an abbreviated shoot for a specific shot.

Even though my full-time job and family have taken up much more of my time and I haven't been contacting models as aggressively, I have received some good replies, and even heard from some models I've already worked with that want to shoot again, but nothing has materialized.

Let's see....

* For one project shot in particular, I've gone through about 5 models - from them flaking at the last minute, just plain flaking, me changing my mind, one removing her profile completely and then restarting it under a new name), and then it being too cold out to do the shot until Spring.

* One model left me an acknowledgement on OMP. I looked at her profile and thought it might be promising, so I email her. Two days later, she pulls her profile and says she isn't modeling anymore.

* A model contacted me to do a shoot at her home to get some sexy pics  for her hubby. Bad weather postponed the shoot until after her vacation, to which then she replied that she's only doing paid shoots. OK fine - bye.

* A model I worked with before was going to come to town for an event, but never heard from her! Doh!

* A model from out of town was going to visit her boyrfreind and try to work a shoot in, but then she suddenly "retires".

* A model I had worked with before and I had come up with a funky idea for a shoot if I could find the location, but then she recently retired.

* Another model was going to experiment on a project with me, but then decided she didn't want to do nudes, and then stopped replying altogether (even though we were going to possibly work on a non-nude project). She still has no new photos in her portfolio (too bad, too).

* One of the latest I contacted wants to work together and we were going to possibly do something this past weekend, but no word from her.

* Another model was interested, but already had some outdoor shots like I wanted to do, so until I come up with a project and location for her, I'm stuck.

* And then there are several models that i could contact to work with if I ever found the right location(s) for the shots I want to do, which probably won't happen until late Spring/Summer.

* I finally thought I had secured a location I've always wanted to shoot at, but after several emails and me finally asking if I would be able to shoot nudes there - nothing. Ahh!

Oy, the agony. I bought a new camera last year too, and have only used it so far for 2 usable model photos. I think I'm even tired at looking at my own portfolio.

Come on models - I'm shutter-happy. Let's go!  ;-)

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to add the one that's said yes to me twice, but completely flaked and blew me off both times. The first time was because of a Playboy shoot (that never happened). The second time - I didn't care.

Feb 22 06 05:46 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

I'm not in Colorado.  I'm broke.  What do you want to do?

Feb 22 06 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

If you're really tall, I can shoot you from here. I'm heading up onto my roof right now....

Feb 22 06 05:53 pm Link