Forums > General Industry > Confessions of a flakey (on the outside) photog...

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

I just have to get this off my chest...

I've been emailing an 18 year old, just starting out in modeling girl who's profile I found on OMP.  After 3 months or so, she answered my original inquiry about doing a shoot.  Then it took another 2 months of back and forth to set a date to have coffee, meet, talk about a shoot.  Today was the day we were supposed to meet and today was the day I "spaced" it completely.  I had Monday off for President's day holiday and was going through my day at work thinking it was Monday today.  I don't know why I didn't double-check my calendar this morning but it wasn't until I was looking through my emails that I noticed i was 2-1/2 hours late for our coffee meeting.  Ooooops!
I had 3 very nice shoots over the weekend, haven't missed an appointment in the 10 months I've been shooting and then today comes. 

Well, it's not the end of the world but I feel bad.  I'm not a flake, I didn't have a great excuse for missing the meeting but it's not like I just decided to blow her off without notice.   So you see, even photographers can be flakey because shit just happens.

Feb 21 06 06:16 pm Link

Model

Sysamsbe

Los Angeles, California, US

I totally feel you.....Shit does happen. But I read post on here all the time about photographers sooooo mad because a model didnt show up. Shit happens and you have experienced that...not a big deal

Feb 21 06 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

Sysamsbe wrote:
I totally feel you.....Shit does happen. But I read post on here all the time about photographers sooooo mad because a model didnt show up. Shit happens and you have experienced that...not a big deal

i know... it's no big deal for us photogs....  But I still expect my models to show up on time 100% of the time.  No excuses!!  wink

Feb 21 06 06:28 pm Link

Model

Sysamsbe

Being late is against my religion!!! : )

Feb 21 06 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

Ron B Blake

Macomb, Illinois, US

Its the lies that tick me off.

first she doesnt have to work Sunday.

she has no updated pro pics yet suddenley claims she works with photographers in prepaareing models.?? go see him for your new needed photos.

Then the shoot gets bumped from 1;00 to 2;00

from 2;00 to 4;00

from 4;00 to 5;000

My response was its time to say Good  Bye

Bridget
02/17/06 12:55 PM

Im there! Sunday for sure, I can't wiat .

02/20/06 8:57 AM
Im sorry I had to cancell, but I had told you that I had to work that day! Things happen at photoshoots, its not always controllable to get out on time. Girls forget clothing items, makeup artists and hair stylists need time for their jobs, ect. It was out of my control and it is unfortunate we couldn't work together.
Bridget

Feb 21 06 06:41 pm Link

Model

Sysamsbe

Ron B Blake wrote:
Bridget

Feb 21 06 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

Angelo Lorenzo

Simi Valley, California, US

Stuff happens, as long as your honest. I was an hour and a half late to my last 1/2 day shoot because I had to go to a job interview for a new full time job (im still not a fully self sufficient working pro, but at 19 I have plenty of time). Things ran late but we got the shoot done without a hitch, I just made sure to call them to tell them I was running late.

Feb 22 06 12:56 am Link

Photographer

g-man

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

You say you feel bad, but I'm wondering what the model said when you told her you forgot about the appointment.  What was her reaction?

Feb 22 06 01:50 am Link

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

g-man wrote:
You say you feel bad, but I'm wondering what the model said when you told her you forgot about the appointment.  What was her reaction?

well, I can't tell you her reaction because I haven't heard back from her.  All I can do is wait for an email.  I don't have her phone number and she hasn't responded to either the direct email or the message I left her on OMP.

I'll probably hear back in two weeks and it will be something like.... "hey, no problem.... i couldn't make it myself.  Glad you weren't sitting there waiting for me." LOL  (uh-oh... my remorse is fading behind my cynicism..)

Feb 22 06 09:57 am Link