Forums > General Industry > where to get a decent non expensive portfolio book

Model

bonitacyn

Cicero, Illinois, US

hi everyone,

where is the best place to purchase a portfolio book. i'm located in chicago, illinois..so either a website or a store would be nice..

thanks

cynthia

Feb 17 06 05:23 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

Do you have a Hobby Lobby or a Michael's nearby? Usually, the art supply stores can carry them fairly inexpensively. Or, check your local book store...they may even have them. They may be in the stationary or art section...or photography section depending on the store. That reminds me that I need to buy a new one soon...mine is getting a little worn.

Feb 17 06 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Hoot

Picayune, Mississippi, US

Feb 17 06 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Hoot

Picayune, Mississippi, US

oops

Feb 17 06 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Hoodlum

Sacramento, California, US

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/danhood/gifs/search.gif

Feb 17 06 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

House of Portfolios    Google it.  Spend the extra money and get leather... it will last and age better.  Acetate pages suck... get the vinyl.

Feb 17 06 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

If you're paying $6-8 for every 9x12, why would you put 20 or more of them in a $10 binder? "Inexpensive" and "professional portfolio" are not compatible.

Feb 17 06 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

Ched wrote:
If you're paying $6-8 for every 9x12, why would you put 20 or more of them in a $10 binder? "Inexpensive" and "professional portfolio" are not compatible.

(Ched... if they are only paying $6-$8 for a 9x12... they are getting shitty prints... so it might not matter!!!)

Feb 17 06 08:35 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

I wish I didn't buy a portfolio before I had an agent.  Because I now have to use theirs!  Bah humbug I wasted that money on nothing!!

Feb 17 06 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Steven Bigler wrote:
(Ched... if they are only paying $6-$8 for a 9x12... they are getting shitty prints... so it might not matter!!!)

I usually pay $7 down the street, lower if I get more than 20 at a time, but check this out: http://www.adoramapix.com/PriceList.aspx

Feb 17 06 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

DaG

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Steven Bigler wrote:

Do you recommend an online printer that does great 9x12 prints? I've used a few online printers and haven't been happy. The best prints come from a local lab that a lot of the photographers use. They're just $8 and look fantastic. But if you know something better (especially online) I'd like to compare.

Danny

Feb 18 06 03:13 am Link

Photographer

DaG

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Ched wrote:

I usually pay $7 down the street, lower if I get more than 20 at a time, but check this out: http://www.adoramapix.com/PriceList.aspx

WARNING! Do not use this company unless price is more important to you than quality. I tried them and they aren't any good. They are also SLOW.

Feb 18 06 03:16 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

I love Ebay.  recently bought an aluminum portfolio case for under $20 . Do a search on the word "portfolio" and  "portfolios case" and you will see tons.

Feb 18 06 03:27 am Link