Forums > General Industry > OK... whats up with other models never aging? lol

Model

Rachel DellaPorte

Montgomery, New York, US

This is just insane...

I'm 22 years old...

And in the last week I have seen at least 5 girls that I knew in some way (hung out with, worked with on a job, same agency, etc.) and they are all 19 but I'm 22? (when we were the same age a year, two years ago...)

Rather annoying... I have yet to have someone say to me, "Gee... too bad you aren't 18...."

I can see if someone is just starting (fashion) modeling at 21, 22 - then I understand them not admitting that 100%.... but, after working with good people and having a book full of tearsheets?

I mean... don't people figure it out??

Eh.. maybe they went to space? wink

~Rachel

Feb 17 06 04:16 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

RachelCWhittemore wrote:
This is just insane...

I'm 22 years old...

And in the last week I have seen at least 5 girls that I knew in some way (hung out with, worked with on a job, same agency, etc.) and they are all 19 but I'm 22? (when we were the same age a year, two years ago...)

Rather annoying... I have yet to have someone say to me, "Gee... too bad you aren't 18...."

I can see if someone is just starting (fashion) modeling at 21, 22 - then I understand them not admitting that 100%.... but, after working with good people and having a book full of tearsheets?

~Rachel

I think that they should update their ages.. but the one thing I think is even worse... The one's who list their measurement as something like 10 - 0- 15... (one model in Arizona has "34-10-10" on her port.. etc... never even close to what they actually are..

oh and those models who say their hair is extremely long.. but all images show their hair either just past their shoulders on maybe a little bit longer.. but by no means even halfway down their back..  To me.. "Extremely Long" meand waist length or longer..

just my penny's worth..

Feb 17 06 05:33 am Link

Model

Rachel DellaPorte

Montgomery, New York, US

AndrewG wrote:

I think that they should update their ages.. but the one thing I think is even worse... The one's who list their measurement as something like 10 - 0- 15... (one model in Arizona has "34-10-10" on her port.. etc... never even close to what they actually are..

oh and those models who say their hair is extremely long.. but all images show their hair either just past their shoulders on maybe a little bit longer.. but by no means even halfway down their back..  To me.. "Extremely Long" meand waist length or longer..

just my penny's worth..

Ah,.... a purist.... so nice smile

I like ppl ship measurements and weight...

I have never seen more 33" hipped girl!

I was 33" when I started modeling... these girls do NOT have 33" hips... god, you look like a boy at 33"!

Rachel

Feb 18 06 05:41 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

RachelCWhittemore wrote:
This is just insane...

I'm 22 years old...

~Rachel

Ever notice the measuring tape never measures less than 5'9 nor more than 6'0? It's magic I'm telling you!

Feb 18 06 05:58 am Link

Model

Rachel DellaPorte

Montgomery, New York, US

Marko Cecic-Karuzic wrote:

Ever notice the measuring tape never measures less than 5'9 nor more than 6'0? It's magic I'm telling you!

Isn't it? hahaha

And hips? I don't see many higher then 36"

Feb 18 06 08:37 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

My hips are 34 so that's bigger than 33 *giggles*

Feb 19 06 10:22 am Link

Photographer

Marvin Dockery

Alcoa, Tennessee, US

RachelCWhittemore wrote:
This is just insane...

I'm 22 years old...

~Rachel

This is common on the Internet. I know of one model from TN that has been 29 for three years. One of my 2005 models that was twenty three, is now 21.

Feb 19 06 10:58 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

RachelCWhittemore wrote:

Ah,.... a purist.... so nice smile

I like ppl ship measurements and weight...

I have never seen more 33" hipped girl!

I was 33" when I started modeling... these girls do NOT have 33" hips... god, you look like a boy at 33"!

Rachel

The other thing I love (read Sarcastically),  Reading a profile on someone.. model or photographer or anyone really.. They have done this.. and this.. and this.. and that.. for the last ten years or the "last Decade".. and they are only 19 now.. Sure.. you were doing all that at 9 years old.. LOL.. I just gotta laugh.. one of these was doing something "for the last Decade...".. I just had to check.. what she had been doing could have only been for 5 years.. as the software she was talking about was only released 5 yrs ago.. Amazing...

Feb 21 06 02:25 pm Link

Model

Aida Mendoza

Spring, Texas, US

I understand how you feel, going to school everybody was the same age, now im 20 and everyones freaking 18 WTF happened, are people lying to me?

Feb 21 06 02:29 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
My hips are 34 so that's bigger than 33 *giggles*

Your hips better be 34" wink being 5'5" !
Rachel was referring to models who are 5'9" and taller and say they are 34", which in most cases is not true...I'm skinny and I'm not 34"!!

As far as the age is concerned, who cares if you can pull it off!! Age ain't nothing but a number!

Feb 21 06 02:38 pm Link

Model

jon horsethief

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

i... i can't keep up the facade any longer.

...i really am 30.
as of two days ago.
sorry.

Feb 21 06 02:53 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

elisaveta ? wrote:
As far as the age is concerned, who cares if you can pull it off!! Age ain't nothing but a number!

I ran into someone the other day that I hadn't seen in ten years.  She said I looked exactly the same.  My look doesn't appeal to those seeking middle-age models.  So, I agree, as a model, you should market to the age group that you generally appear.

Feb 21 06 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

listen Ms 22. as soon as you get to 25 you will magically stay 25 for three years!

guaranteed!

because the frumpies who hire model want the < 25 look!

so wait for it!  it will be here!

Feb 21 06 03:53 pm Link

Photographer

Zeo

Canton, Ohio, US

Jay Dezelic wrote:

I ran into someone the other day that I hadn't seen in ten years.  She said I looked exactly the same.  My look doesn't appeal to those seeking middle-age models.  So, I agree, as a model, you should market to the age group that you generally appear.

I was jsut about to say, you said you were over 40, I'd have said you were 25 today.

Feb 21 06 03:55 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
listen Ms 22. as soon as you get to 25 you will magically stay 25 for three years!

guaranteed!

not always....I'm 27, and proudly say it! Then again, I don't look my age from what I've been told. Some people even mistake my kids to be my brother and sister...how crazy is that?

Feb 22 06 11:47 am Link

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

Jay Dezelic wrote:

Jay,

I'm cracking up here... for some reason, maybe hearing about your past experiences, I thought you were older than I was.  Not because you look it, in fact, I was wondering how you looked so young for your age.  LOL... oh, well...
but damn that's a good avatar photo! wink

Feb 22 06 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Ive been Shooting models for over 10 years...That say thier 19..And they were 23 when i did thier first shoot....

Vanity isnt it just Groovy..

(:-------

Hj

Feb 22 06 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

On the other hand, I had a young model approach me for a shoot. Since her profile said she was 16, I told her she must bring a parent to the first shoot. She said her mom worked nights. Would it be OK if she brought a family friend? Told only if her parents had my model release signed and notarized with a photocopy of their license and a note authorizing the friend to act in a guardian authority.

ZAP! Suddenly the model was 18...said she had not updated her age on her profile in a while..(interesting that she had only been a member for 2 months....). At her accelerated growth rate, I suppose I should e-mail her in a couple weeks to see if she wants a shoot before she turns 30! wink

Feb 22 06 12:13 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Hey, I'm 32!!!!   I've aged. See?!!!!   

Oh. You meant girls you knew.

Okay.

Feb 22 06 12:18 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

The most sensual models I work with are beyond 30. But none will get a call if they are truthful.They put 22 and get called!

Feb 22 06 12:19 pm Link

Model

Eve Elle

Los Angeles, California, US

RachelCWhittemore wrote:

Isn't it? hahaha

And hips? I don't see many higher then 36"

Well I guess I am a little different .. or I am not smart enought to lie. LOL .. My hips are 38" and it says it in my profile.. and I am 5'7 to 5'8 kind in between and it says it in my profile. I say be proud of who you are, plus is you are lying, I am sure the photographers gonna find out when you shoot with him. Lol.. so there really doesn't seem to be a point in it to me

Feb 22 06 12:20 pm Link

Model

Eve Elle

Los Angeles, California, US

Feb 22 06 12:20 pm Link

Model

Kimberly Jo

Athens, Alabama, US

My hips are 36" and proud!

Feb 22 06 12:24 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

Ian Weintraub wrote:

Jay,

I'm cracking up here... for some reason, maybe hearing about your past experiences, I thought you were older than I was.  Not because you look it, in fact, I was wondering how you looked so young for your age.  LOL... oh, well...
but damn that's a good avatar photo! wink

I'm actually 10 years older than my what I put in my profile. smile I ran into some old high-school acquaintances last summer who said I still looked the same. - I hadn't seen them in 27 years.  - I am sure that they where just being nice though smile

Feb 22 06 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

Jay Dezelic wrote:

I'm actually 10 years older than my what I put in my profile. smile I ran into some old high-school acquaintances last summer who said I still looked the same. - I hadn't seen them in 27 years.  - I am sure that they where just being nice though smile

oh, ok.. i see how you are!!! well, you're only a few years older than i am .  but, i think about 10 years more flexible... i should take up yoga!

Feb 22 06 12:59 pm Link

Model

Rachel DellaPorte

Montgomery, New York, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:

guaranteed!

hehe, no way... I won't be modeling in three years.. I have already eased out of it soooooo much (in favor of acting)

Besides... I think women are sexier in thier late 20's... well, ones that take care of themselves anyway... lol

Feb 23 06 10:44 am Link

Model

Rachel DellaPorte

Montgomery, New York, US

DawnElizabeth Moderator wrote:
Hey, I'm 32!!!!   I've aged. See?!!!!   

Oh. You meant girls you knew.

Okay.

lol... ur a mucccchhhh better looking 32 then most "22's" on this site tongue

oops. did i say that out loud? lol

Feb 23 06 10:46 am Link

Model

Chu

I'm rather old, haha.  I have been asked my age for several jobs because they were looking for 18, 19 year olds-however, I have the ability to make myself look younger by changing my style of address-additionally, I have a rather young face anyway.  So I think they are more into age range rather than your actual age. 

Look at Eartha Kitt, for years nobody knew her age.  It's hard for me to believe she just turned 79 and she is still performing.

Feb 23 06 11:01 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I know of one model that's been 26 for at least 10 years.  It's freaky.

On one site the default age search is 18-26, so there, I stay 26.  In reality, I'm 27. And a half! I've watched a lot of my friends get younger and younger, though. 

And my hips ARE under 33 inches.  At my heaviest, they were just under 35 inches. Then I abruptly lost 25 pounds and ended up with 31 inch hips (at 25 years old).  I actually have broad hips, but no ass, so the number is always low.

Feb 23 06 12:01 pm Link