Forums > Newbie Forum > New in modeling, but need photos

Model

Kranbear

BEACON FALLS, Connecticut, US

Hey guys,

I'm new to the modeling industry.  I have a few "around the house" photos but no real glamour, fashion, or artistic photos to promote my features. 

How do I find a photographer that is willing to do some TFP work in my area?  Any here that are interested?

Also, I'm a little confused about the preferrable size of a model.  Most people would classify me as tall and thin, but others would say I was shapely/voluptuous compared to runway models.  My stats are 34-29-42.

Thanks for your help!

Feb 14 06 03:01 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

Welcome to MM!

As far as finding a photographer goes, you can use the browse feature to see everyone in and around your area....photographers,models,makeup artists, stylists! it's a great way to introduce yourself and let the photographers know that you are out there. 

I took a peek at your pictures.  I would suggest that you get a full body shot or two so that we can see what your body looks like.  You have a beautiful smile and a pretty face, but before a photographer will do a tfp/cd, he will probably want to know what your body looks like smile

my advice would be to just personally contact as many photographers,makeup artists, and stylists and possible.  i mean, how will they know that you are out there and ready to shoot if you don't introduce yourself? smile

Feb 14 06 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Click on "browse" and do a search for photogs in your area.  Find a few that shoot a style you like, then write to them and ask if they'd consider doing a trade shoot with you.

Having said that, even though the results might not be great, you ought to find a buddy to take some full-length pics of you.  Even though you say you have the long legs, it would help if you backed it up with a pic or two.  Photogs tend to be visual people and we like to see what we're being asked to shoot.

Feb 14 06 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Isabel beat me!  I'm too slow.

Feb 14 06 03:11 pm Link

Model

Kranbear

BEACON FALLS, Connecticut, US

Thanks for the advice.

You guys are absolutely right; I need a full length photo.  That makes sense.  I'll get that done ASAP.

Feb 14 06 03:17 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

LarryB wrote:
Isabel beat me!  I'm too slow.

I'm just that good lol wink

Feb 14 06 03:21 pm Link