Forums > General Industry > Tired of ... ( Poll Question )

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

the same ol ass and tits shots that everyone is doing, and might I add, doing terribly? I can't say that I'm tired of the sex appeal aspect of it, but the general non-originality and lack of quality that comes with some of the point and shooter; of ass and hooters out there?

Feb 14 06 12:47 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

There does seem to be a lot of redundency in some styles of shooting.  But i guess that's what makes the really good an unique photoraphy stand out.

Feb 14 06 12:49 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

EMG STUDIOS wrote:
the same ol ass and tits shots that everyone is doing, and might I add, doing terribly? I can't say that I'm tired of the sex appeal aspect of it, but the general non-originality and lack of quality that comes with some of the point and shooter; of ass and hooters out there?

EYE!!! (pun intended...)

Feb 14 06 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Hooter-shooters?? I think I saw those in the second Austin Powers. smile

I touched on this once in another thread, there's so little originality in this category now that it's almost like hitting a brick wall - where else can you go with this stuff? Actually, I realized, many places, but most people won't bother. Hell, look at Maxim - it all looks alike now. I stopped subscribing years ago because even the photography became predictable (with a few exceptions).

If you took out the uninspired T&A from this site, you'd be left with some very exceptional photographers and models, but not a whole lot of members. I just look at the wonderfully talented minority and ignore the rest.

Feb 14 06 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I can't blame it all on the photographers, some models ONLY want that type stuff. Regardless of how bad (not in the good way) you're going to make them look.. lol.. That's the funny part. I had a model tell me that she wanted to shoot with me, but not with bootie shorts, when 85% of her whole F'n profile is bootie shorts and nudes.

I didn't find that to be problem because I can't even say that half of my stuff is bootie shorts type stuff. AND I didn't approach her like, "Yo, lets get some bootilicious shorts and shoot."

I'm one of the most, easy to shoot with dudes around here unless I feel like you're about to murder my scene, so I usually go with the flow, but don't come with a bag full of sundresses either...

There is no doubt a gap between the talented and untalented but it seems like in photography that gap is HUGEMONGOUS!

Feb 14 06 01:36 pm Link