Forums > General Industry > Best host/domain

Model

Erin Blair

Hampton, Virginia, US

I am trying to find out what the best host is for my new web site.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Erin

Feb 12 06 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Ron B Blake

Macomb, Illinois, US

Feb 12 06 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I like webair for hosting (www.webair.com) & mydomain for domain registration (www.mydomain.com)

Feb 12 06 01:42 pm Link

Model

Erin Blair

Hampton, Virginia, US

Thanks, I'll look into those.

Feb 12 06 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

Erin, my site has been hosted by phatservers (www.phatservers.net) since I opened it in May of last year, and I've been totally happy with them.  Good service, never down.

William

Feb 12 06 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Best deal on webhosting I have ever seen --> Dreamhost - I have a popular site, need a lot of storage room and high bandwidth limit, plus I need to host over 20 unique domain names - I couldn't put up with rip off artists most of webhosts are. Package these guys give you for $7.95 a month is something others would charge $59 and up. Guaranteed. Go and check out yourself. Plus with Dreamhost your storage space and transfer limit increase each week. Best webhost on earth. No question. I have a serious web business going, I did proper research.

With this code you can get additional $10 off --> MM23PC

wink

Feb 12 06 07:29 pm Link

Photographer

Mickey Hill

Brookhaven, Mississippi, US

I second DreamHost...been with them forever, no problems and great prices.

Feb 12 06 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Mickey Hill wrote:
I second DreamHost...been with them forever, no problems and great prices.

Yeah, I can only giggle when I stumble across other webhosts. Friggin ridiculuos packages for outrageous money. Pure rip off.

Dreamhost all the way - you're ripping yourself off if you're with somebody else.

Feb 12 06 07:34 pm Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

I recommend ATCI to everyone.  They're about $1 a month more than Dreamhost, but they are far more repsonsive if there are troubles, and they truly believe in customer service:

http://www.atcihosting.com/?ref_id=140

Feb 12 06 07:34 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Marissa

Jamaica, Iowa, US

Our host is http://www.spreemedia.com
Good deal.

Feb 12 06 07:37 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I'll third Dreamhost

https://www.dreamhost.com/images/rewards/234x60-a.gif

I haven't dealt with ATCI, however I have been using Dreamhost for a long time and they have always been super responsive for my requests.

Now, if we can just get folks to use the search function on here,  There are several threads on web hosting per week...though now it's a competition to get the referral (damnit)

big_smile

Feb 12 06 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

I use NTCHosting

They're a little expensive to start a package for the domain and hosting at first because everything needs to be set up but I just renewed my plan and it only cost me $65 for the entire year smile to continue my domain and my hosting service combined.  Plus they have great customer service. smile

Feb 12 06 07:46 pm Link

Model

Ehn Tee

Detroit Beach, Michigan, US

http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust130

I've been with them since May 2004. It costs 7.50/month. They are always expanding their server space. I started out with half the amount of webspace and bandwidth that I have now.

Includes:
-25000 MB webspace
-510 GB transfer
-unlimited emails and ftp accounts
-free domain or domain transfer
-free setup
-online ftp on their site and filemanager
-hotlink protection
-99.98% uptime
-unlimited mailboxes
-PHP, MySQL, CGI/Perl, Flash

There's so much more...Too lazy to list it all...I had so many problems with other hosts. Whenever I had a problem and asked them for help, they never got back to me. Servage usually gets back within a day or two.

When you use my cutomer code, you get an extra 2500 MB! Just click and sign up using the link above.

Feb 13 06 01:02 pm Link