Forums > General Industry > One More Post About Bashing(To All Members)

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

My question to all members is......

If you were in a group of photographers and/or models, stylists,etc at some sort of get together, or perhaps had a client in your studio and another photographer/model was there, would you let a lack of tact and professionalism show in front of them as some of you have done here by bashing, name calling, cursing people out like you were a sailor,etc? Or would you be on your best behavior?
The reason I bring this up is, some of the people you converse with or indirectly in front of(meaning online as apposed to being next to them in person) just might be potential clients, or might be until you started bashing.

Just wondering of some people think about this.

Feb 11 06 08:18 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Over the course of time they will learn that what is said to someone across town will end up being told to the neighbor next door who it was about to begin with.

What comes around, goes around.

EDIT: This is probably the most hazardous thing to a career and reputation next to just plain making stupid mistakes left and right.

Feb 11 06 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
...would you let a lack of tact and professionalism show in front of them as some of you have done here by bashing, name calling, cursing people out like you were a sailor,etc?

Wow!  Guess I'm not reading the right posts.   I haven't seen much of this.  I've seen disagreements, but for the most part, the MM forums are pretty tame by most internet food fight standards.

I have seen cases where people accuse others of name calling when there's a difference of opinion, but I haven't seen much actual name calling.

On the other hand, I don't consider this a professional forum.  I consider it more of a recreational activity.  That doesn't mean politeness has no place, but when I have to start watching everything I say for fear of upsetting someone, then I'm outa here.  When I look back on my life, I find that I've learned far more from the people I've argued with than the ones who were too polite to voice an opinion.

-Dave

Feb 11 06 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Some of it i would suspect is people not reading what is written correctly and "Assuming" this or that from what they read. The other half is people not knowing "How" to write properly or getting what they have on thier minds into written text.

Its physically impossible to please everybody when all you have is a text box to put whats on your mind. Others will say whatever and dont really care how rude it is or sounds because they mean exactly what they say and how it sounds. These people are the ones who hide behind the privacy of the internet, distance between them and the one they are berating and the confidence that they will never meet the person so nothing will ever happen in the end. They know this so it makes them more confident to belittle others so they feel better at the end of the day.

Feb 11 06 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

Shan L Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Dave Krueger wrote:

Wow!  Guess I'm not reading the right posts.   I haven't seen much of this.  I've seen disagreements, but for the most part, the MM forums are pretty tame by most internet food fight standards.

I have seen cases where people accuse others of name calling when there's a difference of opinion, but I haven't seen much actual name calling.

On the other hand, I don't consider this a professional forum.  I consider it more of a recreational activity.  That doesn't mean politeness has no place, but when I have to start watching everything I say for fear of upsetting someone, then I'm outa here.  When I look back on my life, I find that I've learned far more from the people I've argued with than the ones who were too polite to voice an opinion.

-Dave

I co sign my name to this post x ____________________

Agree with everything in it.

Feb 11 06 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

J Merrill Images

Harvey, Illinois, US

Forumn boards are like cars - some people don't seem to get that the world can still see you pick your nose inside of all that glass.

Feb 11 06 11:04 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Shan L Photography wrote:
I co sign my name to this post x ____________________

Agree with everything in it.

I clicked on this thread to read what's all about... and... BANG... I saw your last post... and before I tried to understand what it means... I saw your avatar... I am just a humble human male person guy... and I am mesmerized... LOL

Part Two:

Geez... now I clicked on it... and it's YOU... OMG... are photographers allowed to date... LOL...

Unbelievable... wow...

big_smile

What is this thread about again?

Feb 11 06 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

DeBoer Photography

Melbourne, Florida, US

J Merrill Images wrote:
Forumn boards are like cars - some people don't seem to get that the world can still see you pick your nose inside of all that glass.

Yeah...but is the car moving and how fast?

That makes all the difference you know...

Or if you live in Florida and other "sunshine" areas such as the desert...the windows are often tinted. tongue

Feb 11 06 11:07 pm Link

Photographer

Shan L Photography

J Merrill Images wrote:

Or, hey...how about..where do they put the little critters they've dug out? LOL I know this is very off topic, but I thank God, I haven't seen anyone do that while driving, or anywhere else.

Feb 11 06 11:11 pm Link

Photographer

Shan L Photography

UdoR wrote:

I clicked on this thread to read what's all about... and... BANG... I saw your last post... and before I tried to understand what it means... I saw your avatar... I am just a humble human male person guy... and I am mesmerized... LOL

Part Two:

Geez... now I clicked on it... and it's YOU... OMG... are photographers allowed to date... LOL...

Unbelievable... wow...

big_smile

What is this thread about again?

Hi, humble human male person guy, thanks for the compliment :-) I promise not to get egotisitical, LOL. I've see far better tushes though, very flattering to know someone even wants to look at mine, lol!

;-)

Feb 11 06 11:13 pm Link

Photographer

J Merrill Images

Harvey, Illinois, US

Or, hey...how about..where do they put the little critters they've dug out?

Umm, those are not always "bugs" bouncin off of your windshield!

Feb 12 06 12:14 am Link

Photographer

Zunaphoto

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

See?  No bashing here!  even the mods are in looove...must be springassdeepinsnow...

Feb 12 06 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

J Merrill Images wrote:

*stops picking nose  --  looks around*

Feb 12 06 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Star

I would expect any potential client to understand that no person should be expected to behave the same way in a bar with their friends as in a professional situation.

Sar

Feb 12 06 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Ballinger

Ogden, Utah, US

oh yeah? SAME TO YOU PAL!!!

sorry, did i say that out loud?

Feb 12 06 08:00 pm Link

Model

Devana

Brooklyn, New York, US

-Dave

I've been on this site for roughly 3 days and I've already experienced it (and admittedly participated in it). People tend to say what they want on these boards because there are no real-life repercussions...

Feb 12 06 10:33 pm Link

Model

Stacy

Englewood, Florida, US

Dave Krueger wrote:

-Dave

well said smile

Feb 12 06 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
My question to all members is......

If you were in a group of photographers and/or models, stylists,etc at some sort of get together, or perhaps had a client in your studio and another photographer/model was there, would you let a lack of tact and professionalism show in front of them as some of you have done here by bashing, name calling, cursing people out like you were a sailor,etc?

Absolutely.  I'd probably lead someone outside by their ear... then proceed to beat the crap out of them depending on how offensive they were being.  Doubt it?... ask those that know me.

I specifically target those being offensive to women.

Feb 12 06 11:48 pm Link

Model

Steven Bigler wrote:
Absolutely.  I'd probably lead someone outside by their ear... then proceed to beat the crap out of them depending on how offensive they were being.  Doubt it?... ask those that know me.

* bug eyes *

Feb 12 06 11:52 pm Link

Model

Stacy

Englewood, Florida, US

Hi, humble human male person guy, thanks for the compliment :-) I promise not to get egotisitical, LOL. I've see far better tushes though, very flattering to know someone even wants to look at mine, lol!

;-)

I clicked on your profile too just to see what all the fuss is about for Mr. Humble of there... ANd my boyfriend (from the other side of the apartment. Who is SUPPOSABLY watching a movie) shouts "damn! Who is THAT?!" excitingly. HAHAHAHA... are you sure you're a photographer?? Can you make my back end look like that?? hehe j/k

Feb 12 06 11:58 pm Link