Forums > General Industry > Magazines for models

Photographer

MurphyMurphy Studios

Denver, Colorado, US

Does anyone know of any Magazines (print) that cater to the modelling industry (i.e. their target market is models or young woman/men who would like to be)?

Dave

Feb 11 06 10:05 am Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

NO!  smile

Feb 11 06 03:05 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

What is your goal? Are you looking for a place to run print ads for your services?

Feb 11 06 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

MurphyMurphy Studios

Denver, Colorado, US

Jay Dezelic wrote:
What is your goal? Are you looking for a place to run print ads for your services?

No, in additional to being a photographer, I am also a published author.  Trade mags (of all types) are good places to write for as they are always in need of material.

I can't seem to find any mags for models (lots for photographers but none for models).

So, do you know of any?

Dave

Feb 11 06 03:20 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

Models usually look through fashion magazines to get styling ideas, makeup ideas, and for different themes.  Does this answer your question?

My favs include:

Vogue Japan
Zink Magazine
10 International Fashion and Beauty
W Magazine

Feb 11 06 03:24 pm Link

Model

ahmed87

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

MurphyMurphy Studios wrote:

No, in additional to being a photographer, I am also a published author.  Trade mags (of all types) are good places to write for as they are always in need of material.

I can't seem to find any mags for models (lots for photographers but none for models).

So, do you know of any?

Dave

Dave,
I think thats a good busines idea... i think i would sign up to keep scoop on whats going on..
Ahmed

Feb 11 06 03:25 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

ahmed87 wrote:

Dave,
I think thats a good busines idea... i think i would sign up to keep scoop on whats going on..
Ahmed

What would there be to write?  Most models don't read.  That's why we flip through magazines with purty pictures big_smile  LOL....so kidding!  I am so naughty today tongue

Feb 11 06 03:28 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

You could try posting a few articles to the sites like ezinearticles.com or articlecity.com, then do a Google search in a few weeks and see who picks them up.  I think magazines like Seventeen seem to have the most cross-over into the wanabe model field (at least for young women).  Maybe GQ for men.  But it seems strange that there is not an obvious trade mag out there for models.

Feb 11 06 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

MurphyMurphy Studios

Denver, Colorado, US

ahmed87 wrote:

Dave,
Ahmed

Ahmed:

I am not looking to be a publisher...... only to write for existing publications.

Do you know of a trade mag for models?

Dave

Feb 11 06 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

MurphyMurphy Studios

Denver, Colorado, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

What would there be to write?  Most models don't read.  That's why we flip through magazines with purty pictures big_smile  LOL....so kidding!  I am so naughty today tongue

LMAO.  The "reading thing" aside, I am surprised that there is not a number of trade mags for models ...... there would be "lots" to read about...... 1) who is "in", who is "hot" 2) new trends in the industry, 3) lots of "how to" stuff (articles dealing with makeup, posing, nerves, skin), 4) lots of business "how tos" (articles on marketing yourself, model releases, what they mean, etc)........  This is the standard trade mag fair........

dave

Feb 11 06 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

MurphyMurphy Studios

Denver, Colorado, US

Jay Dezelic wrote:
You could try posting a few articles to the sites like ezinearticles.com or articlecity.com, then do a Google search in a few weeks and see who picks them up.  I think magazines like Seventeen seem to have the most cross-over into the wanabe model field (at least for young women).  Maybe GQ for men.  But it seems strange that there is not an obvious trade mag out there for models.

Agreed, I am very surprised that there are not at least a few trade mags for models/modelling industry.

dav

Feb 11 06 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Perez

Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, US

Feb 12 06 09:15 am Link

Photographer

Robert Perez

Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, US

Hi,

The only mag i have seen is "Talent And Motion" and it caters to models/actors but not the way you describe it which would make it more interesting.

Feb 12 06 09:16 am Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

Robert Perez wrote:
Hi,

The only mag i have seen is "Talent And Motion" and it caters to models/actors but not the way you describe it which would make it more interesting.

teeze magazine

www.teezemagazine.com

Feb 12 06 09:27 am Link

Model

saffron

IN THE UK THERE IS A NEW ONE FOR ARTISTS , PHOToGS AND MODELS CALLED THE SERPENTINE', lots of info for models, model release issue, model safety , courses etc ,  showcasing artists and photgs and models work , it will be available internationally , EMAIL [email protected] , thecreator and editor
hugs safferella x0x0x

Feb 12 06 09:31 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:
Models usually look through fashion magazines to get styling ideas, makeup ideas, and for different themes.  Does this answer your question?

My favs include:

Vogue Japan
Zink Magazine
10 International Fashion and Beauty
W Magazine

You should look at some European magazines, particularly the British. Does anybody else here think Zink is an effing rag??? (Not to single you out. You've some great attitude in your pics and I think you're positively fab. At least it's not in the same boring category as Cosmo or Elle.)

Feb 12 06 09:32 am Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

Marko Cecic-Karuzic wrote:

You should look at some European magazines, particularly the British. Does anybody else here think Zink is an effing rag??? (Not to single you out. You've some great attitude in your pics and I think you're positively fab. At least it's not in the same boring category as Cosmo or Elle.)

zink is hit or miss.  occasionally they'll run a great submission, but it's mostly crap. 

my favorites:  oyster, i-d (new yorkers: go see the show at chelsea art museum), tokion (not really fashion), clear

Feb 12 06 09:39 am Link

Photographer

MurphyMurphy Studios

Denver, Colorado, US

saffron wrote:
IN THE UK THERE IS A NEW ONE FOR ARTISTS , PHOToGS AND MODELS CALLED THE SERPENTINE', lots of info for models, model release issue, model safety , courses etc ,  showcasing artists and photgs and models work , it will be available internationally , EMAIL [email protected] , thecreator and editor
hugs safferella x0x0x

Safferella:

THANKS, I have sent and introductory email. 

Dave Murphy

Feb 12 06 11:56 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

EXIT, ICON, I-D, 10, 34, etc. Stay away from glamor mags, they'll give you the wrong idea.

Feb 12 06 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

MurphyMurphy Studios

Denver, Colorado, US

Ched wrote:
EXIT, ICON, I-D, 10, 34, etc. Stay away from glamor mags, they'll give you the wrong idea.

Thanks Ched, I will look into it.

Feb 12 06 06:12 pm Link