Forums > General Industry > Enough photos

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

When I shoot TFP's, I promise 3-4 edited images per look.

Well, I just finished editing 28 images for a model and we only did 4 looks. Sometimes I just have a hard time choosing which photos to give the model so she winds up with some bonus photos beyond what I promised her. In this case, I was really only obligated to 12-16 images.

So, I sent them to her and today I get a message back saying, "That's all the photos I am going to get? What a waste of time."

She got almost twice as many images as I promised her.. So, I prompted her to the message thread where I explained before booking her how I handle my TFP's. She read it and didn't respond.

Feb 10 06 03:25 pm Link

Model

Barbray

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Well John Boy...it is NOT your fault she can NOT read nor understand
what she reads or agrees to.

TIME & running head first into REALITY is the best teacher for the naive
and the hard-headed.  wink

Feb 10 06 03:38 pm Link

Model

KatieK

Lawrence, Kansas, US

You edited 28 images for her!  Out of 4 looks!  I would be thrilled to get that many edited without asking!  Especially if you said that she was going to get 12-16.  I think you did far more than was expected and she should be thanking you.  If she did not read all of your info before the shoot, that's her problem.  Drop it, be happy with the shots you got, and don't work with her again.

Feb 10 06 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Edited images?  What?  I thoght you are supposed to give the blurred ones so she will be more appreciative of the semi-clear shots.  Hmm.

Feb 10 06 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

Beatbox Jeebus v2

Palatine, Illinois, US

If you only promised 12-16 and you gave her 28... she should be more than happY. I personally promise fewer than that for any tfp shoot, but if I get a model that just works... I might be able to get her a few more. Dont work with her again.

Feb 10 06 04:11 pm Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

If the model was clear of the terms before you shoot, then don't take it personal (but rather than referring her to a link, I'd refer her to an email that I sent her wink it's always good to send all the info about a booking (that includes TFP) in ONE email - it makes communication and clarification smile MUCH easier!

Feb 10 06 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Sara Green wrote:
If the model was clear of the terms before you shoot, then don't take it personal (but rather than referring her to a link, I'd refer her to an email that I sent her wink it's always good to send all the info about a booking (that includes TFP) in ONE email - it makes communication and clarification smile MUCH easier!

Yeah, that's what I did. I refered her to the message exchange we had here on model mayhem. That's why model mayhem's linear messaging system is so beneficial. You have the entire conversation on one page.

Feb 10 06 04:18 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Sometimes I think some aspiring models pump air into thier head in the mistaken assumptain that it might help them weigh less...or maybe it is helium...no, it is air, helium would be too smart....

Feb 10 06 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Well, I just finished editing 28 images for a model and we only did 4 looks.

She ended up with 28 edits from a single session? Unless she spreads her images around multiple portfolio sites, There is no way she will even *need* that many photos from the same photographer, let alone the same session. Even with 4 different looks they are going to show your style.

I love it... you promised more than she was really going to need, you exceed that by a very large margin, and you get grief for it. wink

Feb 10 06 05:04 pm Link

Model

Horsie Girl

Santa Rosa, California, US

There are some people out there that will never be happy, no matter what they get.

Feb 10 06 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Horsie Girl wrote:
There are some people out there that will never be happy, no matter what they get.

If I ever get a chance to photograph you, I am sure *I'll* be happy. wink

Feb 10 06 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

NinoRoy

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

take some extra pics during the session with a disposeable point and shoot. give her the film to develop! lol

i wonder how many models realize how long it takes to edit pics until we get the look we want... barring batch processing of course!

Feb 10 06 10:19 pm Link

Photographer

MurphyMurphy Studios

Denver, Colorado, US

Of course, at her next shoot she will tell the prospective photographer that she wants ALL of the images from the shoot and wants "shared copyright".........

:::::Cah-runch::::: (sound of all future photographers deleting her email)

Feb 11 06 05:32 am Link