Forums > General Industry > Getting Noticed....Look at me?

Model

StaciF

New York, New York, US

I was wondering if anybody else has this problem...I don't like to be self serving but I know this business is about exposure. SO my question How do you get noticed without TRYING to get noticed?

Jun 16 05 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

ChrisChris

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

if you have that special something it'll happen automatically to some extent.
i don't think it's wrong though... promoting yourself. there's a lot of 'competition' out there.

Jun 16 05 05:42 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by StaciF: 
I was wondering if anybody else has this problem...I don't like to be self serving but I know this business is about exposure. SO my question How do you get noticed without TRYING to get noticed?

Let's just say, my boyfriend has that same question...  He really wants to reach success... He's tall and goodlooking, physically fit with chisled abs... only problem... he's lazy. It's been about eight years now... No one is knocking on his door...  He wants someone to hand success to him...

Jun 16 05 06:06 pm Link

Model

steph m.

BRONX, New York, US

if you are doing well what you can do is shout ot to some people and let them know he is there and push on him if he really wants to do this then to call the people you spoke to. he will atleast have a recomendation helping him. and as for the girl who asked get yourself on several sites and do self promotion that way and e-mail photographers and do shoots with them and let them know what you want to do and ask them to let you know if anything comes up. and that way you are not really doing all the work but they are. and you get your portfolio built and the photographer does too.

Jun 16 05 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Who are you trying to get noticed by?

Identify the target audience, and focus your book on what they are looking for.

You may need more than one book.

Looking for:

GWCs looking for a model? I would do TFP and post nudes and lingerie on the internet(well not of me LOL).

High-paying commercial accounts shooting Fashion? Hire 4 good published photographers and put the 5 best shots from each in a 9x12 portfolio. Send it to agencies.

Maxim, FHM etc? Don't all the men's magazines have a Hometown Hotties section? Submit to that.

Acting? Send out an 8x10 headshot.

Promotional modeling? I don't know.

Jun 16 05 06:59 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

I did TFP and nudes...but only with people whose artistry I respected and whose work I would be proud to have on my walls. Most of these people do get paid to shoot women for their portfolios, but I begged until my portfolio was good enough that I didn't have to beg anymore (lol)...and now I even get approached by photographers whose work I have secretly admired for some time.

Not that I am at all famous...but I am pretty proud of my portfolio. Have found that at this point the GWC's already know that they have to pay to have me in their book.  The artists and I are in pretty good communication...or at least many of them...(you know who you are...)and I am accomplishing what I want to in my career. Of course, I am not making a lot of money...However, that was not my intention. Meeting and collaborating with other artists was my intention, and I am succeeding in that direction. That is what I like about the internet...I don't think that there have to be classifications that are strict...I have marketed myself by being myself, and people seem to respect that.

Jun 17 05 01:16 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Posted by StaciF: 
SO my question How do you get noticed without TRYING to get noticed?

is this the question your asking? or is the question

"how do you get noticed without looking like your trying to get noticed?"

cause if you dont try to get noticed..you wont..

Jun 17 05 01:19 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Reese: 
Let's just say, my boyfriend has that same question...  He really wants to reach success... He's tall and goodlooking, physically fit with chisled abs... only problem... he's lazy. It's been about eight years now... No one is knocking on his door...  He wants someone to hand success to him...

What are you talking about? We aren't dating.

Jun 17 05 01:37 am Link