Forums > General Industry > Best places to meet photographers & models

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

What websites do you like the most for effectively meeting high quality photographers, models and other artists?

Personally, I have gotten high benefit from Model Mayhem, OMP, pbase, and dpreview.

MySpace is too garbled and silly-childish for me to wade through. Deviant Art has some good work but it's off-purpose for me.

I tried Yahoo Personals & Hot or Not ... which was a total waste of time because the people there are generally lost anyway. I've heard of people using Craig's list, but that seems like a waste of time too.

MuseCube is beautiful in it's layout and artistic content, but the price is too high for exposure that's two low. It seems they have crimped their own market.

What are your online favorites?

Also, who feels that their own personal "www.YourNameHere.com" websites are connected enough to be useful?

Click Hamilton
San Diego
http://www.pbase.com/click_hamilton/photos

Feb 06 06 05:30 pm Link

Model

Ms Kaylee

Helena, Montana, US

ModelMayhem of course! I've got the most networking here. I kind of stopped using OMP.

Feb 06 06 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Ditto to MM. 

Paul

Feb 06 06 06:37 pm Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

Aw when I read the title I thought it meant IRL...

actually I'm finding more work off line, ie agents and referrals, than online

That said you asked for websites, which last I checked I was on over twenty! Of those I've had the most work from CL, MM has offered the most TFP, OMP has offered the most paid, and MySpace the most fans

Feb 06 06 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

photo564

Arlington, Indiana, US

Sara Green wrote:

That said you asked for websites, which last I checked I was on over twenty! Of those I've had the most work from CL, MM has offered the most TFP, OMP has offered the most paid, and MySpace the most fans

I got your IRL.
https://www.pbase.com/tk6968/image/30670601.jpg

https://www.pbase.com/tk6968/image/30670591.jpg

Feb 08 06 02:45 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

I'm about to host our 2nd annual get together for local artists & models.  We contact people via word-of-mouth, modeling web sites, and other referrals.  Last year, 25 photographers & 25 models showed up.  Twas fun.

Feb 08 06 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Real world.  At fashion shows.  Through agents.

MM is fun.

Feb 08 06 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

Herb Way

Black Mountain, North Carolina, US

I've been dealing with the web model thing since August, 2004, when I discovered MuseCube.  Like MM, it was free at first.  I'm currently only paying $17.00 per quarter for my MuseCube site (www.musecube.com/herbwayphoto) which contains 4 portfolios of 12 photos each.  Unlike with MM, the viewer isn't required to sign up as a member in order to see the nudes.  Model Mayhem's format is, on the whole, more eye appealing, user friendly, and personable, but MM could learn a technical thing or two from MuseCube, especially how to make the browse feature much more convenient to use.  Musecube's search feature allows for much more specific searches.  As for models, a higher percentage of the models I've actually worked with have come from MuseCube.  Over 90% of the flakes and no-shows I've dealt with have come from Model Mayhem.  When I was a child, my mother used to warn that I'd be judged by the company I kept.  LOL

Feb 08 06 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Castings set up by agencies. At fashion shows. The places where we work. On the internet I socialize, and once in a blue moon shoot something for fun.

EDIT: What Leo just said.

Feb 08 06 04:26 pm Link

Model

StaciF

New York, New York, US

It depends on what you want to meet up for- MM for socializing and a TFP or two-
  Allmodelzone- for my Real online portfolio-unlimited images, professional feel to the site

And I do scan CL- but mostly only find scams

Myspace is a waste of time

Feb 08 06 06:40 pm Link

Model

Sydrena

Detroit, Alabama, US

I really do not know. Myspace offered me nothing. The same with MM, only MM more fun

Feb 08 06 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

AAA smile

Feb 08 06 10:15 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Louis Braga wrote:
AAA smile

Did you mean AA?  If you meant AAA, that wouldn't work, because people wouldn't get out of the cars.

Feb 09 06 09:53 am Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

For me it used to be OMP 100%.  Within the past few months, though, I've booked the most through MM, and through deviantART.  I just got to head to Greece to work with an art photographer there because of deviantART, so I am now especially fond of it!  wink  I've signed up for places like GarageGlamour, but never really bothered to keep up with any of them.  I've heard models.com can be good, but I'm so cheap I won't pay for it.  I couldn't really take on a higher volume of work anyway, my schedule is too tight, so I'm happy with what I've got.

Feb 09 06 11:23 am Link

Model

Sexiest Carly

Los Angeles, California, US

Sara Green wrote:

ditto. except for wtf is CL? i'm a loser, yes....

Feb 09 06 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

JamesRock

Portland, Oregon, US

carlyerin wrote:
ditto. except for wtf is CL? i'm a loser, yes....

CL=craigslist..(mostly)free classified ads/community bulletin board.

http://www.craigslist.org/

Feb 13 06 12:11 am Link