Forums > General Industry > Transexuals???

Makeup Artist

Picture Perfect Makeup

Hesperia, California, US

Sysamsbe wrote:

Im not making a big deal about anything. I am just a curious human being and didnt know much about this. I always love learning new things and what better way to do that then ask right?

Both of you are making a beautiful point smile I wish more people in the world were as caring.

Feb 06 06 02:04 am Link

Model

Sysamsbe

Los Angeles, California, US

I think that no matter what skin color you are, no matter what gender you are and no matter what sexual preference you are everyone is equal. It just never crossed my mind that men who like to dress or who like to live as women would be seriously modeling, but now that I have been educated on it, Im like shit do your thang!

Feb 06 06 02:07 am Link

Photographer

Larry Marsh

I'm sorry I didn't  mean you.  I apologize.

I just know a lot of people who disaprove of others lifestyles.  Which don't even affect them.

Feb 06 06 02:08 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Sysamsbe wrote:
I think that no matter what skin color you are, no matter what gender you are and no matter what sexual preference you are everyone is equal. It just never crossed my mind that men who like to dress or who like to live as women would be seriously modeling, but now that I have been educated on it, Im like shit do your thang!

I think you have a great attitude.  You didn't know about something, so you asked.

Feb 06 06 02:09 am Link

Model

Sysamsbe

Larry Marsh wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't  mean you.  I apologize.

I just know a lot of people who disaprove of others lifestyles.  Which don't even affect them.

I understand what you mean. The actual guy on the tv show that I was watching had a father who totally disowned him because of his decisions. I couldnt even imagine how I could make it in life with out the support of my parents.

Feb 06 06 02:10 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Landra Lee Photography wrote:
I remember my brother having a crush on RuPaul until he found out... crushed HIM.

https://subsecta.princep.net/img/Prin/jul05/RuPaul.jpg

I know Rupaul from sometime ago.  Well I guess you might be confused by pictures of her but when she was at the clubs in the late 80's it was quite obvious.

Quite tall.   Super nice person.  Will have to upload some old photos.

There was a super long thread on this issue a long time ago.   I will have to find it.

But many people are clueless,  even for some that know it is hard to tell.

I went to thailand with my girlfriend who was a tall Asian model and most of the "ladies" thought she was one of them.   They actually stopped us in the middle of the street and felt her up,  searching for her package.

quite hilarious really.   

You would not believe me if I quoted what was said and I would appear rude and ignorant.

Feb 06 06 02:12 am Link

Model

Sysamsbe

MHana wrote:

I know Rupaul from sometime ago.  Well I guess you might be confused by pictures of her but when she was at the clubs in the late 80's it was quite obvious.

Quite tall.   Super nice person.  Will have to upload some old photos.

There was a super long thread on this issue a long time ago.   I will have to find it.

I would love to meet Rupaul In person. She was on the radio with Wendy Williams the other day. Great personality!

Feb 06 06 02:15 am Link

Photographer

Larry Marsh

My father is totally against homesexuals.  I asked if he'd ever had a man make a pass at him or forced his lifestyle on him.  He said no.   

He thinks they are out to convert every straight person in the world something. 

Whats fun is he has family and friends that are gay and he has no clue.  lmao

Feb 06 06 02:18 am Link

Photographer

Landra Lee Photography

I love RuPaul. Would LOVE to meet her.

I have known some T-girls who are KNOCK-outs.

Some men were just meant to be divas.

Feb 06 06 02:20 am Link

Model

Sysamsbe

Larry Marsh wrote:
My father is totally against homesexuals.  I asked if he'd ever had a man make a pass at him or forced his lifestyle on him.  He said no.   

He thinks they are out to convert every straight person in the world something. 

Whats fun is he has family and friends that are gay and he has no clue.  lmao

LOL My boyfriend doesnt really agree with homosexuals. He doesnt hate them but he just doesnt think its right. About a year ago. His brother came out to him and told him that he was bi. My boyfriend didnt know what to say to him.

Feb 06 06 02:23 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Sysamsbe wrote:
I would love to meet Rupaul In person. She was on the radio with Wendy Williams the other day. Great personality!

I don't think I ever met RuPaul, but we have mutual acquaintances who say she became a complete stuck-up bitch once she got some mainstream attention. Then again, they could have just been jealous queens.

Feb 06 06 02:23 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

As with most old threads there is some good and some bad in it.

but this is the old thread with a different tone.

Hiring a transgender... would you feel ripped off?
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=1683

Feb 06 06 02:24 am Link

Model

Sysamsbe

theda wrote:

I don't think I ever met RuPaul, but we have mutual acquaintances who say she became a complete stuck-up bitch once she got some mainstream attention. Then again, they could have just been jealous queens.

Wow really? I wouldnt put it past me though because when people get a little camera time or whatever they seem to forget who they are!

Feb 06 06 02:25 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Torrence Williams wrote:
Personally I think it was wrong to be impersonating a female. But on the other hand, the designer knew, and If it didn't bother the designer, then I guess it shouldn't bother me Because the "crossover model" was representing the designer..

"The jury is out", on the shooting part...

While you may feel that they were impersonating a female and hiding things from you, Transexuals feel that they are female, and were dealt the wrong organs from the beginning. Yes, this does complicate things. But, if the designer knew, I don't know how it would be such a huge problem for you. People are people. They all reflect light the same way...

Feb 06 06 02:26 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Lapis wrote:
While you may feel that they were impersonating a female and hiding things from you, Transexuals feel that they are female, and were dealt the wrong organs from the beginning. Yes, this does complicate things. But, if the designer knew, I don't know how it would be such a huge problem for you. People are people. They all reflect light the same way...

Yeah. There is a huge difference between a transsexual and a drag queen/king.  Even though RuPaul has been mentioned in this thread, she's a drag queen, not a transsexual or even a transvestite.  He doesn't dress in women's clothes when he's not working.

Feb 06 06 02:32 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Yes,  this is true of Rupaul.  Lipsinka and Lady Bunny also.

But I wrote something but deleted due to my not knowing the correct way to state he/she when referring to them.

I have met them all and yet I am a bit clueless at this time in how to address them.

Feb 06 06 03:05 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Any and all transexual models are more than welcome to work with me.  Bring it on.

Feb 06 06 06:21 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

io wrote:
Futhermore, transvestites and drag-queens (like Ru-Paul) are also different.  Transvestite: typically hetero man who dresses as a woman to feel closer to women but doesn't want to become one.
Drag-queen: typically homosexual male who performs dressed as woman, but may not dress as a woman IRL.

Just to point out a few things.. as I have met and known a number of Transgendered individuals, as well as Transvestites and Cross-dressers, not to mention "Drag Queens".

Cross-Dresser - [sometimes refered to as a "CD"]. Person of EITHER sex/gender who "enjoys" wearing  the clothes of the "opposite" sex. (usually a man who likes to wear woman's clothes, but there are women who do this too.) Not alway a gay male.

Transvestite - [refered to as "Tranny" or "TV"]. (Usually a man) Who not only enjoys wearing the clothes of a woman, but who gets some type of sexual gratification from the experience. (be it on his own or with others. Again, not alway a gay or bi male.

Transgender or "TS" - A person who honestly feels that they were born in the wrong body.. that their gender by physical appearance is incorrect...  This person may or may not take steps to change their gender through hormones, or surgical procedures, but in sincere cases, they do not live happy lives in the gender they are born into. And not all are gay.. some feel that they are reall women, and refuse to have any type of relationship without having the corrective procedures first.. (SRS - Sexual Reassignment Surgery, and other procedures).

Drag Queen - A person who dresses in clothes and make-up of the opposite sex to perform on stage as either a celebrity or just to perform as a female.. most lip sink and dance to songs by female singers in Clubs around the country that offer "Female Impersonator Shows" (Ok, I may get flamed for this.. but the majority of these performers ARE gay or BI.. but there are some that are as straight as an arrow and do it for the money.. Heck, I know one married fellow.. did it for a halloween costume party one year.. and was so convincing, his wife suggested he try doing it in an amatuer Female Impersonator contest.. which he not only won. but has been performing all over the country and is now making about 75K a year (plus tips), and only works three to four nights a week.

Yes, I know alot about this.. I had a few friends in high school.. and growing up in the adult movie capital of the San Fernando Valley.. I knew alot of people in the industry. Yrs ago I shot a number of these ladies/girls.. who were just looking to get images of themselves, and most photographers and studios refused to take the pictures..

I have no problem shooting these ladies.. and have no issues with their personal kinks or desires.. I am interested in creating the best images I can.. I dont care about the sex or gender of the model.. if she fits the creative Ideas I am trying to create.. or if she is paying for images..

Ok.. flame me all you want.. just remember... while you are flaming me you are leaving other people alone...

Andrew

Feb 06 06 06:47 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Actually, I know a Brazilian [person]here in town that is physically one of the best looking,, but the voice freaks you out though.

I know of one national fitness model -as female - who is male. You dont have a clue

Stop trying to guess! that there are some guys 'prettier'. Stop thinking about it that way.

The Thai boxing champion is now a female. He is now a model.

Go rent the movie.

Feb 06 06 11:08 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

I have seen some runway and fashion models who after really looking at them for a while, I could possibly think they were males who had sex changes. You can nolonger use the Adams apple as a clue anymore with any consistancy. Those can be "trimmed down" these days.

Feb 06 06 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

I had a shoot recently where about half way through tthe shoot I realized I was shooting a tranny.

I asked a few questions, which I wont go into. But it confirmed what My eyes were telling me.

I could care less, she/he look pretty good.

I wonder why they dont just tell ya?

Privacy? Fear of being shut out?

If my final image loks good, then I could care less...

Which leads me to my next point..

All you photgs sleeping with your models...

LOL, remeber how easy that last one gave it up? Hmmmmmm?

Bet, that curbs a lot of the BOOTY calls in the studio..LOL

Ok, My BAd..I was shooting a TS post op..

Man, all these acronyms can get ya in trouble...LOL

Feb 06 06 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Vance wrote:
I had a shoot recently where about half way through tthe shoot I realized I was shooting a tranny.

I asked a few questions, which I wont go into. But it confirmed what My eyes were telling me.

I could care less, she/he look pretty good.

I wonder why they dont just tell ya?

Privacy? Fear of being shut out?

If my final image loks good, then I could care less...

Which leads me to my next point..

All you photgs sleeping with your models...

LOL, remeber how easy that last one gave it up? Hmmmmmm?

Bet, that curbs a lot of the BOOTY calls in the studio..LOL

Vance gets the official "you effin kill me" award!!!

This is a great post. People are people, accept them and get over your bad self.

Feb 06 06 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Zion Imaging

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, US

Ok, just in time for this thread. This Friday on the Tyra show.

"Transsexual Top Model"

You won’t believe these beauties are all really men! Tyra searches for America’s next “Transsexual Top Model!â€? The outrageous Janice Dickinson, former club kid James St. James and drag icon and recording artist Kevin Aviance judge guests in a “Top Modelâ€? style competition to decide who will walk away with a Tyra-directed high-fashion photo shoot, a spread in Instinct magazine, and a modeling contract!

Feb 06 06 12:56 pm Link