Forums > General Industry > Ever blown away your entire portfolio?

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

I recently replaced 12 of my 20 images.  The time before that, I replaced 15.  I figure that if I leave images up, and they don't gather at least 2 comments over a reasonable period of time, I should replace them.  I got plenty.

Feb 05 06 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Timeless Photos wrote:
I just blew away my entire portfolio, (minus a few images), just to start over. That was fun! It cleanses the soul! -lol-

It also allows you to reorganize your images so they don't just sequentially follow your shoots.

Anybody else done this?

Good for you.
I have done it in total once.  I need to change it up more.

I love ports that change often.

Feb 05 06 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

Timeless Photos

Peterborough, New Hampshire, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
I recently replaced 12 of my 20 images.  The time before that, I replaced 15.  I figure that if I leave images up, and they don't gather at least 2 comments over a reasonable period of time, I should replace them.  I got plenty.

That's what I find also. Most people will comment when the images are in your top row. Once they roll down to the second row, interest tapers off.

Feb 05 06 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

I had a few image with well over a hundred views, but I just didnt like the way the portofolio looked as a whole. So, with much reluctance, I wiped the WHOLE thing clean.Built a template for framing my images and bingo. Now the page has a more uniform look. I have a template to work from from now on and I like it. Good call by the OP....And yes, It did hurt...LOL

V

Feb 05 06 04:29 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

I've done it before.  Over the course of a month after my first year of shooting.  Coming up on my second year, so I'm actually anxious to do it again.  I hope to do it soon, as I've been intending to begin using medium format for the majority of my work and I'm ready to begin creating a body of work with 120.  There are a few images that I'll keep but I pack light, I can drop them all and start over.  I kinda like the challenge it presents, too.

:::edit:::

I thought this was in reference to portfolios both online and hard-copy.  I've never done it at this site, though I've purged my main site before.

Feb 05 06 04:35 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Kilgore

Edina, Minnesota, US

I just did it before reading this thread!

Over the past six-ten months, I've been photoshopping and taking care of everyone else, that my own port has gone to hell. On OMP I added 40 new shots and here I deleted 12 and added 14 new ones.

I'm really bad at keeping my port current, and even worse at keeping my hard copy port current. The newest image in my hard copy port is one year and one month old!

Feb 05 06 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Timeless Photos

Vance wrote:
I had a few image with well over a hundred views, but I just didnt like the way the portofolio looked as a whole. So, with much reluctance, I wiped the WHOLE thing clean.Built a template for framing my images and bingo. Now the page has a more uniform look. I have a template to work from from now on and I like it. Good call by the OP....And yes, It did hurt...LOL

V

A template is a good idea. I like that!

Feb 05 06 04:47 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

What portfolio? I just have pictures......;-D

Feb 05 06 04:51 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ROSHAR

I will replace an image for a better one.
You know "put one in, take one out".
That way I dont feel as though Ive made a rash descision.

Feb 05 06 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

Timeless Photos

DawnElizabeth Moderator wrote:
What portfolio? I just have pictures......;-D

Nice try! I just peeked...

You have a very beautiful "Port". wink

Feb 05 06 04:58 pm Link