Forums > General Industry > how many views do your (implied) nude pics get?

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

compared to your non-nude pictures?

i'm too new / low-profile to have a vast number of views to my pictures, but looking around at some other profiles (models and photographers alike) i notice the more you show (or imply), the more comments and views, like sometimes 5-10x as many.
i'm not surprised or anything, who doesn't like looking at naked people? but i'm wondering what your experience is like. an informal poll for a sleepless Saturday morning.

Feb 04 06 07:10 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

My most viewed image is an implied.  Come to think of it, it has the most comments as well.  But then again, with as much as I post here, I don't have that many views or that many comments.

What you are going to find is that it is the model's profiles that get hit harder than photographers, both in terms of views and comments.

My advice is to just take good pictures and not worry about comments or views.

Feb 04 06 08:09 am Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

oh well yeah, i'm not "worried" about getting a ton of comments or views.
it's not about keeping score (although i do get stoked when i see i've got new comments). i'm just curious what people's own experience is with their most commented/viewed pictures.
insomnia makes me curious about dumb stuff sometimes.

Feb 04 06 08:22 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

I agree with alan, dont concern yourself with views and comments too much. Bad and awkward comments, yes remove those because some people just leave rude, unneccessary comments.
Perfect your craft and people will notice.

But just as a side note, if it even remotely looks like the model might/could/possibly/by_the_hair_of_a_fly .........whoa.........looks like she is showing a microscopic tiny bit of unmentionables..............it will get crazy views.

Feb 04 06 08:23 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

jon mmmayhem wrote:
insomnia makes me curious about dumb stuff sometimes.

Insomnia?  It is time to get up and shoot!

Feb 04 06 08:26 am Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

are you kidding?
like any of my friends are awake at this hour, much less ready to have their picture taken!

Feb 04 06 08:56 am Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

I would not sweat the comments/views here in general.  Photographers images seem to be frequently ignored, compared to the model side.  One of my very favorite nudes is on my profile and the identical shot on the model's profile - mine has a measy 19 views - hers had more than 115 I think.

However, I take the comments more seriously, mostly because the person has taken the time to look, and the comments are frequently useful to me.

And for the record - my most viewed and commented image is a fully clothed one of Heather Cagle in a red dress.  Or . .  . it just might mean that the nudes that I have posted lack merit.  Oh well,  at least the models seemed real happy with their images and use them in their profiles. . .  lol

VintageV

Feb 04 06 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

My most viewed and commented on photos are my non-nudes. So, I really don't think it's always what you show, which to me is a very good thing.

-P-

Feb 04 06 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

Dunno. I don't have any!

Feb 04 06 06:35 pm Link

Model

Barbray

Atlanta, Georgia, US

None...strange isn't it?

Feb 04 06 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

mollie_lane wrote:
None...strange isn't it?

Hmmmm ... not even your nude shots get any "hits"
not fair at all ... you should make an official 'demand' to
other MM fellows ..smile

Feb 04 06 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:
My most viewed image is an implied.  Come to think of it, it has the most comments as well.  But then again, with as much as I post here, I don't have that many views or that many comments.

What you are going to find is that it is the model's profiles that get hit harder than photographers, both in terms of views and comments.

My advice is to just take good pictures and not worry about comments or views.

If your referring to your photo "Model Sara" I would think people are clicking to view it larger because it's landscaped and not portrait and is too small to see any detail as it is without enlarging it, implied or otherwise. 
I have only one landscape image and may just pull it when I get board.

Feb 04 06 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Lens N Light wrote:
Dunno. I don't have any!

Ditto, I don't post nudes on here.

Feb 04 06 07:40 pm Link

Model

Barbray

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Louis Braga wrote:

Hmmmm ... not even your nude shots get any "hits"
not fair at all ... you should make an official 'demand' to
other MM fellows ..smile

((snort)) Are you insane?
ASK for comments... NOT in this lifetime!

Feb 04 06 08:24 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Mollie, i just looked at your profile, and your picture of you in a bikini in the rain had garnered almost 700 views, which is 250 more than the closest runner up*.

so i guess i should have spread the initial post title out to include nude, implied nude, and tastefully revealing lingerie/swimwear shots.

*i can see why, it's a great shot.

Feb 04 06 08:33 pm Link

Photographer

EL PIC

Austin, Indiana, US

Edgy Rules -  Nude Storms.
E L

Feb 04 06 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

jon mmmayhem wrote:
Mollie, i just looked at your profile, and your picture of you in a bikini in the rain had garnered almost 700 views, which is 250 more than the closest runner up*.

so i guess i should have spread the initial post title out to include nude, implied nude, and tastefully revealing lingerie/swimwear shots.

If you’re asking if sex sells, the answer is yes.

Does everyone shoot or post nudes? No

The number of views on any one portfolio could be skewed as even non members can view any image as long as it's not marked 18+.

The number of views has nothing to do with the ascetics of an image.

Feb 04 06 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Craig Thomson wrote:
The number of views has nothing to do with the ascetics of an image.

i fully agree (assuming you mean "aesthetics"), and i hope you realized i wasn't implying otherwise.

Feb 04 06 08:50 pm Link

Model

Barbray

Atlanta, Georgia, US

jon mmmayhem wrote:

Awwwwww thanks Jon.
Ed snapped that as we were running for cover from the icy sleet.
I WAS insane that day....erase that...we were ALL insane that day. wink

But that is one of the prerequisites for modeling on location...You GOTTA be insane. smile

Feb 04 06 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

I used to think that only the sexy images get the most views/ comments.  Its not true.  Some of my images with the most views and comments are the most covered.  Others are sexy style.  Its not a real pattern.

People look for interest.  Sure sexiness can be a way to create interest.  Good images also work.

Feb 04 06 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

mollie_lane wrote:
Awwwwww thanks Jon.
Ed snapped that as we were running for cover from the icy sleet.
I WAS insane that day....erase that...we were ALL insane that day. wink

But that is one of the prerequisites for modeling on location...You GOTTA be insane. smile

you're very welcome, and i love it when shots work out totally unplanned, like, say, running away from what could have been a disaster.

Feb 04 06 08:54 pm Link

Model

Barbray

Atlanta, Georgia, US

jon mmmayhem wrote:

you're very welcome, and i love it when shots work out totally unplanned, like, say, running away from what could have been a disaster.

Total Disaster...YUP...that PERFECTLY describes what I looked like
when we got back to studio...A DROWNED rat.  But, I had AWESOME
MUAs, & stylists...and they worked their magic on me.

WHAT would models do without MUAs, stylists, wardrobes?
We would have LOTS of drowned rat photos...I imagine! wink

Feb 04 06 09:02 pm Link