Forums > General Industry > Anyone heard of @Home Magazine????? HELP

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

It's supposedly an upscale magazine and they even sent me a copy.

They offered me a job for a few tear sheets from their magazine.  I don't know whether to trust them or not because they asked for a $20 fee to make sure I do go to the shoot if I agree and because they are a start-up magazine.  They asked for the money to be mailed to Southeastern Art Research in GA.  They also said that I could choose my own photographer and he in turn would receive the tear sheets too.

Should I do this? Please help?

Feb 03 06 09:43 am Link

Photographer

nrvphotography

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

I found this on google:

http://www.southeasternartgallerynews.c … nabout.htm

Not sure if google liked the "@" sign in my search.

Maybe contact some of the galleries listed on this page:

http://www.southeasternartgallerynews.c … tlanta.htm

Good luck,
Ken

Feb 03 06 09:48 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Two words: Total Frick'n Rip Off (well, maybe four).

Models don't pay magazines, agencies or managers.

Magazines, agencies and managers pay models PERIOD!

Feb 03 06 09:54 am Link

Photographer

Matthew Allen

New York, New York, US

Don't know if this helps, but I did see a model's profile yesterday that listed @Home as one of their credits.  It would be helpful if I could find that profile, but I doubt that is possible.  If I run into it today I will definately give you the models name so you can get in touch w/ her.  The problem is it was someone I viewd off the shoutbox, hence I have no idea where to even start looking for that!

Good luck!

Feb 03 06 09:58 am Link

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

Gotham Photo wrote:
Don't know if this helps, but I did see a model's profile yesterday that listed @Home as one of their credits.  It would be helpful if I could find that profile, but I doubt that is possible.  If I run into it today I will definately give you the models name so you can get in touch w/ her.  The problem is it was someone I viewd off the shoutbox, hence I have no idea where to even start looking for that!

Good luck!

I'll make an announcement and in the shout box maybe she'll see me.

Feb 03 06 10:12 am Link

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

Anyone?

Feb 03 06 10:47 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Haven't heard of them.  Haven't dealt directly with them...some problems with their offer are as follows:

If they're getting the photos for free by not offering you or the photographer money, then why do they need to have $20 from you?  What's their loss if you don't complete the project?

Where are you going to find a photographer to shoot you for free for submission to a national magazine?  If you do find one they're going to suck, and not be worth your time.

If they're looking to make money off photos of you by printing them in their magazine, then they should be paying you...at least a little bit.

Feb 03 06 10:54 am Link

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

James Jackson wrote:
Haven't heard of them.  Haven't dealt directly with them...some problems with their offer are as follows:

If they're getting the photos for free by not offering you or the photographer money, then why do they need to have $20 from you?  What's their loss if you don't complete the project?

Where are you going to find a photographer to shoot you for free for submission to a national magazine?  If you do find one they're going to suck, and not be worth your time.

If they're looking to make money off photos of you by printing them in their magazine, then they should be paying you...at least a little bit.

No when we submit the picture both the photog and I both get 9% commission on the ad.

Feb 03 06 01:02 pm Link