Forums > General Industry > New News on Too commercial looking for ANTM.

Photographer

JeffM

Ketchum, Oklahoma, US

Hi Everyone.  Thanks for all the suggestions from the "Why do they think she is too commercial looking"  forum. Today JodyB armed with some more "fashionable images".. thanks going to Miss Anthropy (who styled the shoot).. went to the ANTM auditions in Portland and came out with first runner up.  Not bad with a population of 3 million here.  She is thrilled.
Thanks again for the good wishes.
JeffM

Feb 02 06 09:45 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

JeffM wrote:
Hi Everyone.  Thanks for all the suggestions from the "Why do they think she is too commercial looking"  forum. Today JodyB armed with some more "fashionable images".. thanks going to Miss Anthropy (who styled the shoot).. went to the ANTM auditions in Portland and came out with first runner up.  Not bad with a population of 3 million here.  She is thrilled.
Thanks again for the good wishes.
JeffM

first runner up?

Feb 02 06 09:48 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Cool, how many tried out?

Feb 02 06 09:48 pm Link

Photographer

JeffM

Ketchum, Oklahoma, US

Monsante Bey wrote:
Cool, how many tried out?

I think there was about 100 who tried out.  I was only there for a few minutes at the UPN station to deliver the pictures to Jody but it was fun to see the excitement and all the hopefuls.

Feb 02 06 10:06 pm Link

Model

Zoe

Palm Beach, Florida, US

it just goes to show how far the right images can take you.  good for your girl!

Feb 03 06 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

Gregory Storm

Burbank, California, US

JeffM wrote:
...went to the ANTM auditions in Portland and came out with first runner up.

On American Idol, you're either going to Hollywood or you're not.  I would think it's the same for ANTM.

What does "first runner up" mean?  Are they flying her to LA to be on the show?

Feb 03 06 09:07 pm Link

Model

Ina

Did she get to go to LA for making runner up? I went to a open call for season 6 and no one told me that they would be picking a runner up or even a winner, they must have changed somethings. Tell her I said congrats!!!

I tried out again this year,for the fifth time, and they actually called and scheduled me for the semi-final round. I have to fly to Cleveland, I'm soooo excited!!

Feb 03 06 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

JeffM

Ketchum, Oklahoma, US

No what I was told is first place winner goes to L.A. and first runner up pictures and video (perhaps more??)  would go to NY in case they want to pull more than just one from any certain area.

Feb 04 06 12:22 am Link

Model

Ina

I heard that the winner of each location gets to have their tape sent into LA saying that they were the winner of thier group. I know a girl who was the actual winner of her local and she didn't even make it to the semi-final round. She never got a call so I don't think that it means that they make it automatically.

Feb 04 06 01:44 pm Link