San Antonio, Florida, US

Richard Kennedy wrote:
Is it really so hard to get people for TFP/TFCD

no, but models have a hard time getting prints/cd

Feb 02 06 06:39 pm Link

Model

Sarah Beth

Beverly Hills, California, US

I am looking for photographers who are willing to shoot with me on a tfp/tfcd basis...so i guess its not THAT hard smile

Feb 02 06 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

Expressions in OKC

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

With no dollars involved it might not be worth the model's time (as far as the model is concerned). . easy in, easy out. Simple to break commitments, back out, change minds, give little effort to the shoot, etc.

Feb 02 06 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Kennedy

Lancaster, California, US

Yeah that is what I am finding out. To me a committment is a committment and I always give print of CD it is only fair. Just need reliable people that want to help each other out. We all need something sometime.

Feb 02 06 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Kennedy

Thanks Sarah and I think I sent you a message, I would love to work with you sometime as I am in the San Diego area quite often.

Feb 02 06 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

RnL Photography

Cocoa, Florida, US

How many tfcd's have been no shows. I don't have that many fingers.

Feb 02 06 06:52 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

BCG wrote:

no, but models have a hard time getting prints/cd

This time he's actually right!

Feb 02 06 06:55 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Kennedy

Yeah, I have talked to several photographers that are dealing with that and it kind of has me worried. I dont want to set up shoots and have MUA or stylist there and get a no show. Some have even said without any phone calls. Lucky for me I have not had one, but I also have not yet booked a TFP shoot on my own so far. I have worked with other photographers and we had all brought someone, but I need to do a few things on my own and I am quite worried about the turn out.

Feb 02 06 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

MB Photography

Paradise Valley, Arizona, US

Sarah Beth wrote:
I am looking for photographers who are willing to shoot with me on a tfp/tfcd basis...so i guess its not THAT hard smile

Pick me!  Pick me!!

Feb 02 06 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Kennedy

I think that whole not getting prints thing is a Omen for all us Photographers that dont work that way. It makes us look bad and that can make for this issue.  I feel we are all working together and it blows when your taken advantage of. TFP means just that Time for Print, who cant get that concept and follow thru

Feb 02 06 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Caines

New York, New York, US

tfp thread number 49,7348

s t o p  t h e  m a d n e s s ! ! !

Feb 02 06 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Kennedy

Bruce Caines wrote:
tfp thread number 49,7348

s t o p  t h e  m a d n e s s ! ! !

Us Newbies need to know, sorry for adding to the TFP list smile

Feb 02 06 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

RnL Photography

Cocoa, Florida, US

I have not given prints since I went digital. Here is your CD do what you will with it. Theres a print shop right down the road.

Feb 02 06 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

Lost Coast Photo

Ferndale, California, US

No, it's not hard.  It does take patience, and it's a lot easier once someone has solid work in their portfolio, so maybe the early ones are the hardest.  It's also unpredictable, sometimes several inquiries come in just minutes apart, sometimes there are dry spells.  The no-show problem is almost non-existent in the relatively specialized niche I occupy, although it's common to get an inquiry followed by a vanishing act, no big deal, better a few wasted minutes than a  wasted day later.  I'm guessing the more mainstream one gets, the more of a problem it becomes just because more wannabes with limited motivation live in the center of the bell-shaped curve.

The trick, whether photographer or model, is to be a little selective.  Lots of people claim to be willing, but fewer are both reliable and have talent.

Feb 02 06 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Caines

New York, New York, US

Richard Kennedy wrote:
Us Newbies need to know, sorry for adding to the TFP list smile

richard, the search engine may not be the best, but if you use it you will likely find a tfp thread with all the answers/comments/wisecracks/flames that will eventually be posted here.

Feb 02 06 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Kennedy

Lots of good comments in these threads, thanks guys

Feb 02 06 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Nick Wade Photography

Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina, US

Yep I have had them also, but my rule is no phone call 24 hours in advance if you want to shoot with me again you pay. ANd dont call a hour before time and say you arent comeing either you will still have to pay if I chose to work with you again, most of the time I dont. And I have always given the model her copy of the CD with in 48 hrs of the shoot.

Feb 02 06 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Kennedy

Bruce Caines wrote:

richard, the search engine may not be the best, but if you use it you will likely find a tfp thread with all the answers/comments/wisecracks/flames that will eventually be posted here.

Your probably right, I just felt that some fresh responses people on here would be a good thing. As well as trying to get to know who is on Model Mayhem and what they are experiencing.  All in all, I am glad I started the thread and people are responding. Maybe in the future I can post something of even great use to everyone.

Feb 02 06 07:08 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

I dont do it!. I dont want problems about ownersip of images.

Models and photographers have bills. You should get paid , I should get paid!

Feb 02 06 08:32 pm Link

Model

Megan Spring

Los Alamitos, California, US

Sometimes, the perfect person is right under your nose.

*hint*

Feb 02 06 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Los Angeles, California, US

It's a Catch-22: you have to have work to show prospective TFP models so that they will know that they can get good pics from you - but if you have nothing to show . . .

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Feb 03 06 04:06 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

It's a Catch-22: you have to have work to show prospective TFP models so that they will know that they can get good pics from you - but if you have nothing to show . . .

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Feb 03 06 04:06 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Feb 03 06 04:07 am Link