Forums > General Industry > Unwanted Headshots...Dead or Alive!

Photographer

GaryRichards Studio

STATEN ISLAND, New York, US

Whatever happens to those unwanted Headshots sent to your company or studio that just does not have that certain look that you or your client needs? Not only am I a Photographer...But also an Executive Producer of a company that produces a celebrity interview program in the New York area. I constantly get Headshots and talent postcards in my mail...Some have the look, some don't. Sometimes I feel bad, because the same girl or guy would send me their Headshots over and over and over again. No foolin'! I have at least seven people that sent me at least 10 or 15 Headshots within a year. I try to utilize as many as I can with E-Mails and phone calls...But, there are far too many to satisfy without a phone call or some contact.

Feb 02 06 07:51 am Link

Model

Sara Beth

New York, New York, US

are you asking how to let them down gently? or waht to do because you don't have enough time? maybe you could put on your submission policy that you will only reply to parties you are interested in (But make it sound nicer, lol). you could also say the above, but ad a time period, like people who are going to hear back will do so within 2 weeks. so everyone knows if they didn't hear from you in two weeks, you're not interested. and you could add one more thing about only send one headshot, that will be kept on file (whether or not you actually do so), and you will contact them for future projecs. or maybe i'm missing your point wink

Feb 02 06 07:59 am Link

Photographer

GaryRichards Studio

STATEN ISLAND, New York, US

Sara,

The funny thing is...I do not put out any postings looking for talent...They happen to find my companies website or television program. The question I was asking was what do other studios or companies do with Headshots that are sent to them.
Are they discarded or kept on file? I tried to be Mr. nice guy and try to pass them off to other affiliates of mine. It's a shame to know that these people send out resumes, Headshots and there Zed Cards to only end up in the garbage or in a pile...Not to mention Demo Tapes as well.

Feb 02 06 08:31 am Link