Forums > General Industry > Manager not working for us.

Model

Zachary F

New York, New York, US

Zac was signed up with a management co. (non-exclusive) He is free to go work anywhere.  All of the promises to shop him around, help answer questions, give opinions on photographers, and basically help at all are not happening.  Everything he is getting is thru me (mom).  Any suggestions?
Chari  -  Zac's mom

Jan 30 06 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Harvey

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

A - Fire the manager. Sounds like nothing more than a bump on a log.

B - Find all the photographers in your area that are willing to do TFP/CD and learn from them. Any photographer worth a bean will be willing to at least spend a few minutes with you, giving tips and advice for direction.

C - Continue working on a strong portfolio.

All this might take some time, but in the end, you'll end up being happier.

Jan 30 06 09:00 pm Link

Model

Yanique

BRONX, New York, US

Let me guess..was it Alpha model group i.e. On Track Modeling....*screaming and pulling hair out!*

sorry bad experience...sounds like you would be a great manager since you're already getting your sons the jobs..it seems to work for a lot of people

Jan 30 06 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

Landra Lee Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Well, not that I am an expert, but the logical thing to do since it is non-exclusive and you can work with whomever you choose, would be to get another manager who might show more interest...

Also you might want to plan a trip or two to LA or NY, where alot of the fashion industry is... the major "hubs"... No doubt that Zac has a great look, height, versatility, etc... maybe you just need to go where he could get more work, and see more well-established and experienced agencies.

Jan 30 06 09:09 pm Link

Photographer

Landra Lee Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

oops double post  smile

Jan 30 06 09:09 pm Link

Model

Zachary F

New York, New York, US

Yes I know it all takes time.  So far we (he) has only been at it for a month.  We are getting interest, and are a lot farther along then I thought would happen.  A manager sounded nice since I am clueless about this industry.

Jan 30 06 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

Hoot

Picayune, Mississippi, US

Here is a great reference to learn about the wonderful world of modeling, from a guy that owned an agency in NYC. It's a lot to read,but it's worth it.

http://www.newmodels.com

Best luck!

Jan 30 06 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

Sure I have the answer..... if it seems familiar, it was worded by YOU:

"......(non-exclusive) He is free to go work anywhere...."

Jan 31 06 01:45 am Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

unless he also acts, ditch the manager. they're only for actors.

Jan 31 06 01:58 am Link