Forums > General Industry > What price should a model charge for a job?

Model

Scoffman

Clovis, California, US

Yea I was wondering if you were going to do a modeling job or a commercial for a company and they asked you whats you price? How much do you think is a reasonable price? I'm thinking $10, $30, $50 and hr. Please tell me what you think would be a reasonable price for me. I need to know quickly cause I'm having to fill out a questionaire for a mag thats interesting in hiring me. Thank you.

-Jason
Be Bold. Be Confident. Be Yourself.

Jan 30 06 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Most campaigns for companies have a budget, and they're asking because they think you fit that budget.  The rates for models are usually based on the day rather than the hour (unless the model is doing lingerie work or nude work)

Typical northeast rates (New York metro competitive) that I've personally encountered:

$0-$200/day promotional model - this is where you go to an event dressed how someone wants you dressed pushing their product
$100-$600/day commercial local campaign - catalog or product shot that will only be used locally...more specifically not nationally
$100-$600/day web only campaign - web only use
$400+ National campaign... typically catalog ends up on the low end ($400-$1200/day) and magazine ends up on the high end ($1200+/day)

There are other prices associated with releasing for instores, billboards, fit modeling, books, covers (front, outer back, inner back, 2-3 spread), art modeling, class modeling, magazine editorial (much lower than others), etc etc etc, and you can always negotiate for one, and have the customer come back to your for another.

Jan 30 06 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

Dreams To Keep

Novi, Michigan, US

If its a legitimate magazine shoot and you need legitimate tear sheets then low ball it.  Tears are useful to a model starting out - they act as proof that you can show up and do the job.

Jan 30 06 02:33 pm Link

Model

Scoffman

Clovis, California, US

ok thanks guys for the help.

Jan 30 06 02:41 pm Link