Forums > Newbie Forum > New photographer in Austin, TX

Photographer

atx_nomad

Austin, Texas, US

Hi,

Just joined and wanted to introduce myself.  Strange .... I looked through the model listings, contacted a few and THEN I come here to introduce myself.  Well, I've been doing photography for several years now and have taken photography courses at Austin Community College (they have a good program).  Most of my time has been spent on landscapes and abstracts but I would like more experience working with people.  Definitely more of a challenge ... it's not like you can tell a mountain or a tree which way they need to turn their head.

I've been shooting mostly film but have also used a point-and-shoot digital.  Ah yesh, my little Canon Powershot S45 on which you can do everything manually if you so desire.  But I just ordered a Nikon digital SLR and I'll be using that for my color work while still using film for my black and white.

Hope to work with some of you in the future.  While learning, I would also be willing to work as an assistant.  I know what a pain in the ass it can be to work all the lights yourself and an extra hand who knows a little something can be useful.

Oscar

Jan 30 06 02:42 am Link

Photographer

Eddie Baute

San Antonio, Texas, US

Welcome to MM, Oscar.

Let me know if I can answer any questions you may have.

Take Care,
Eddie Baute

Jan 31 06 07:17 am Link