Forums > General Industry > 1st FHM published photo

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

got my 1st FHM published photo , image was stolen , sent please explain to FHM  europe, strange days we live in.

Jan 29 06 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

"What do you do for a living"
"Oh nothing...I let other people steal my images and sue them"

- Eric M-B (I think)

Congratulations?

Jan 29 06 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

Congratulations, sort of.  Hope you get your dues.

Jan 29 06 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

AllenA

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Does this mean money will be coming to you after a long, protracted legal battle???

Jan 29 06 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

raveneyes wrote:
"What do you do for a living"
"Oh nothing...I let other people steal my images and sue them"

- Eric M-B (I think)

Congratulations?

i think this one works best for me.

Jan 29 06 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Yuriy

Gillette, New Jersey, US

Doug Mackay    DMP wrote:

i think this one works best for me.

Well at least you should get triple what it would have cost them to legally publish it. I hope you have it registered with the US Copyright office. If you don't, do it now!

Jan 29 06 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

you should take a photo of the page...I'm curious where/which photo got published and I don't have any access to FHM europe.

Jan 29 06 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

raveneyes wrote:
you should take a photo of the page...I'm curious where/which photo got published and I don't have any access to FHM europe.

ask one of the many models you have launched into supermodelhood to pick you a copy while they are doing the fashion circuit overseas...did i ever tell you i was in Parade Magazine?!?

Jan 30 06 12:11 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

BCG wrote:

ask one of the many models you have launched into supermodelhood to pick you a copy while they are doing the fashion circuit overseas...did i ever tell you i was in Parade Magazine?!?

What are you talking about?

Put down the pipe...it's not good for you...

I've never said anything about making any model a supermodel...though four of the models in my port do the fashion circuit overseas, I wouldn't call them supermodels though...  And I wouldn't ask them for something stupid like that...  You're such a jackass

Jan 30 06 12:36 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

raveneyes wrote:

What are you talking about?

Put down the pipe...it's not good for you...

I've never said anything about making any model a supermodel...though four of the models in my port do the fashion circuit overseas, I wouldn't call them supermodels though...  And I wouldn't ask them for something stupid like that...  You're such a jackass

name calling is not called for and is against the rules...you can get banned for it...dont worry...i won't cry to the mods, but be careful.

Jan 30 06 12:39 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

BCG wrote:

name calling is not called for and is against the rules...you can get banned for it...dont worry...i won't cry to the mods, but be careful.

Kiss my ass

Jan 30 06 12:44 am Link

Model

Samantha Grace

Los Angeles, California, US

I am so sorry to hear that it was stolen!!!
But I am glad to hear it got got published!!
Maybe you ask them for a big spot and pay in a future publication!

Jan 30 06 12:45 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

got my 1st FHM published photo , image was stolen , sent please explain to FHM  europe, strange days we live in.

Sucks... but can be good.

Proof to them that the photo is yours, and ask for a letter, confirming that it was yours... then use it in your portfolio as published work.

Simple... painless.

Good luck Doug!

Udo

Jan 30 06 12:46 am Link

Photographer

Lund Photography

Puyallup, Washington, US

raveneyes wrote:

http://www.fhm-international.com/index.asp

Jan 30 06 12:48 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

have you ever looked at a photo and sworn it was yours, and later it turned out it was not???...i have seen that many times and have experienced it myself shooting for the avaiation industry...you know what they say...if you have seen one cockpit photo, you have seen them all...just DONT use that same analogy to a woman, as you WILL get slapped.

Jan 30 06 12:52 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

raveneyes wrote:

Kiss my ass

nice whitney houston impression!!!

Jan 30 06 12:54 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Lund Photography wrote:

http://www.fhm-international.com/index.asp

you should take a photo of the page...I'm curious where/which photo got published and I don't have any access to FHM europe

Jan 30 06 09:22 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Rock. $1 says they're going to settle out of court. Don't mags ask for your talent releases?

Jan 30 06 09:29 am Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

San Diego, California, US

BCG wrote:
have you ever looked at a photo and sworn it was yours, and later it turned out it was not???

No, but I've seen a photo that was mine and thought "hey, that's not a bad photo...  Wait, that looks familiar... Did I take that?  Oh ya...."

Jan 30 06 03:50 pm Link