Forums > Newbie Forum > question?

Model

Lillian-

Folsom, California, US

do you have to be 18 in order to shoot  lingerie, covered nudity, or any shoot at all?

Jan 27 06 11:41 pm Link

Model

Sysamsbe

Los Angeles, California, US

Not that I know of, but it would be wise of a photographer to have a signed release by a parent saying that it is ok for their child to take those type of pics. I dont think it should go any younger than 16. Dont take my word for it because I could be wrong

Jan 27 06 11:43 pm Link

Model

Lillian-

Folsom, California, US

thats what i was thinking as well because theres alot of casting calls and i want to say i want to do one but im only 17. but there are alot of models that i know that are 17 soo i dont know. thanks for your input

Jan 27 06 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Please don't cross post (posting the same topic in multiple forums) as you can see we all get around to almost all the forums.

Jan 28 06 12:18 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

raveneyes wrote:
Please don't cross post (posting the same topic in multiple forums) as you can see we all get around to almost all the forums.

as a former ambasador to the U.N., i would suggest before publicly shaming a new person, you A) let the  moderators moderate and B) send them a message off forum as not to humiliate the new member with some silly posting faux paux

Jan 28 06 07:49 am Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

In New York - You'd have to have parents permission to shoot even a finger nail in a photoshoot.

I think though, to shoot those images that you've mentioned, it would be wise to just leave it alone altogether -

Jan 28 06 07:59 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Dawson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jessica Mei wrote:
do you have to be 18 in order to shoot  lingerie, covered nudity, or any shoot at all?

Most reputable photographers will stay clear of any nudity or any sexual/sexy work with models under 18.

Perhaps this is unfair and a shame. David Hamilton, for example, showed that beautiful art can feature nude, pre-pubescent girls.

But far too many, especially in religious funadamentalist countries like the United States, would only see abuse, pedophilia and many other bad things. The downside is too great. Far better to avoid any risk.

In Canada it is legal for a woman of any age to be topless in any (public or private) area where a male can be topless. But I would still be very uncomfortable taking something as basic and lovely as a bare back of a female under 18.

Repression of artistic expression because of fears of persecution is a pretty unattractive thing. But it is a fact of life in 2006.

Jan 28 06 09:46 am Link