Forums > General Industry > out of the mouth of babes

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I couldn't help but post this...it was too cute...

My daughter brought me a little post card from VS with Adrianna on the cover and says "mom, is this you? And you look much better in the picture."

I kinda gasped, paused, and then just shook my head. I tried to say that it wasn't me, but then she and my son started to talk about how "pretty" I looked. So rather than say "its not me" all I could muster was "but you just said it was prettier than me!" (at this point, she's trying to "un-insult" me)

She replied that I'm always pretty, even when I'm shooting and she doesn't know who I am.

I told them it was not me.

She then said "well, maybe it's Victorias Tee-cret....

she's 5

smile

Jan 27 06 08:18 pm Link

Photographer

Philip Barker

Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas

Never underestimate children - or their perception! We are all born naked, wet and hungry - then things only get progressively 'worse'! LOL.

Angel - you are truly a beautiful mother and I'm sure that your children are spectacular too!

~ Philip

Jan 27 06 08:25 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Thank you Philip!

I'm no Adrianna, but it was sweet none-the-less...

in a kinda "oops, let me get my foot out of my mouth" kinda way wink

now my daughter is a born performer...I already have ideas of what profession she will choose.

smile

Jan 27 06 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

Torrence Williams

Dallas, Texas, US

Funny!!! and Cute...True innocence at its best...
Your modesty almost rivals your beauty!!

My son,  who is also 5,  once went to an open call with me. (Lets keep in mind that all of my models are fit, because i am a stickler for fitness.)
So as one of the prospects walked by (She was a little on the THICK side) He came walking over to me and pointed at the young lady and said loudly "Dad....She's not a model!!!! "

Funny but also embarrasing!!

Jan 27 06 08:50 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

Angel,

You have two children and look absolutely flawless

I hate you, in the most loving way possible smile

I have two dogs and a cat and feel like they make me gain weight and get grey hairs!

Jan 27 06 08:53 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Kids will be kids!!

Isabel, I'm sure will you fair just as well. smile And I've done really well for having kids, but noone is flawless!

thank you none-the-less...

I wanted to scan in a pic of the kids but my digital camera died on me. I'm buying a new one soon. Darn it, I wanted to show a pic of America's next sweetheart.

smile

Jan 28 06 12:16 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

My god Son is 4 and he thinks that I make monsters. I do, but I also make people beautiful,I made him into a monster for halloween and a couple of weeks later  I was doing make-up on his mom for a wedding that she was going to and he came up and told her " wow mommy your a  monster"  we both neirly fell off of the chairs we were sitting on. We know that he thought she look beautiful but the word monster and beautiful  came out as the same word.  then he said "I like it when Nienagh Mandy makes you into a monster" and he gave us both a kiss and ran into the living room. ahh the words of the little ones smile they keep you young

Jan 28 06 12:55 am Link

Model

safiraangel

Killeen, Texas, US

My older daughter's six and she's decided that mommy is going to model her clothes when she grows up and makes them. I don't know about mommy still modeling at that point but I can see her as a designer she already "borrows" scraps from when I make clothing and uses it to make clothes for all her dolls.

Jan 28 06 12:58 am Link