Forums > General Industry > Women on toilets?

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

markcomp wrote:

Maybe thats what she's thinking about.  She seems deep in thought.

I love the lighting and the hair in this shot.

"Maybe white was`nt the good idea I thought it was. Wait, when is Labor Day?"

lol

Jan 27 06 10:56 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

PhotoSmurf wrote:
If done tastefully, I think it can work.

What do you think?

Make up is distructing - terrible. Photography job done well though.

Jan 27 06 10:58 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

markcomp wrote:

Maybe thats what she's thinking about.  She seems deep in thought.

I love the lighting and the hair in this shot.

It's a very clean, industrial shot... she's gorgeous too...

And she has that look "Hmmm... did I forget something?" which is the last thing before she realized that the toiletpaper in her hand is pretty much useless by now... big_smile

Jan 27 06 10:59 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

MarkMarek wrote:

Make up is distructing - terrible. Photography job done well though.

Really?

Hmmm... I think that the make up fits well with the entire situation...

Well... different tastes...

Hah... I did photoshoots where the makeup was terrible... I mean... really messed up, but the model didn't know the difference and the MUA thought it was great... didn't invite her back tho...

Jan 27 06 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

utako omori

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

i tried to do a toliet series. It was the coolest thing. A waterfall men's urinal.. it was beyond cool. Thin water against chrome wall. Even cooler with a kickass female in men's bathroom idea. the theme was "Vulvarific doesn't care how long the line is. when she's gotta go, she's got to go."

guess what: 99% of the viewers never grasped she was whizzing into a urinal.

the pic is still in my port.  even the pics that showed the models feet or the whole urinal, nobody got it sad  back to the drawin board.

Jan 27 06 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

I do not see this being said in reply to the OP. If it has been said, forgive me. One reason *I* have shot models in a bathroom is the contrast. See,  I generally like to use dingy sometimes totally messed up public bathrooms. I see it as another form of contrast. Someone beautiful in a location that is broken down, ugly, seedy looking. As apposed to the normal beauty in a beautiful pristine location.

Jan 27 06 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

utako omori wrote:
i tried to do a toliet series. It was the coolest thing. A waterfall men's urinal.. it was beyond cool. Thin water against chrome wall. Even cooler with a kickass female in men's bathroom idea. the theme was "Vulvarific doesn't care how long the line is. when she's gotta go, she's got to go."

guess what: 99% of the viewers never grasped she was whizzing into a urinal.

the pic is still in my port.  even the pics that showed the models feet or the whole urinal, nobody got it sad  back to the drawin board.

This may sound crude but if her drawers were down a little and her legs apart a little more it would be clearer what she was attempting to do.

Jan 27 06 11:20 pm Link

Model

Samantha Grace

Los Angeles, California, US

UdoR wrote:

Really?

Hmmm... I think that the make up fits well with the entire situation...

Well... different tastes...

Hah... I did photoshoots where the makeup was terrible... I mean... really messed up, but the model didn't know the difference and the MUA thought it was great... didn't invite her back tho...

I think the make-up is wonderful! Great job. The white rimmed eyes fits the whole theme of the photo. If you think that is horrorible. I can find alot of images with much.. much... much worse. Like you can tell the model did her own make-up. This is very professional and clean. Not caked on, not flaked off looking. No, wabbled hand eye liner. 90% of the images I see on here have bad make-up jobs.

Jan 27 06 11:30 pm Link

Model

Samantha Grace

markcomp wrote:

This may sound crude but if her drawers were down a little and her legs apart a little more it would be clearer what she was attempting to do.

Agreed, I had no idea what she was doing. It looks like she is laughing at the wall.
Take the image about 10 feet back. Have her panties down legs spread.
I was actually thinking she went in the glass. Because there is questionable yellow stuff in it.

Jan 27 06 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

D Fish

Springfield, Missouri, US

Click Hamilton wrote:
Why do women want me to photograph them on a toilet?  Why do they want the world to see them this way with their pants down?

I like all challenges, but the underlying meaning of this one escapes me. Please help me understand.

Your humble servant,
Click Hamilton

A Prop

Jan 27 06 11:37 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I have a strange fondness for shooting in bathrooms, but usually while doing something less ordinary.

Jan 27 06 11:49 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

theda wrote:
I have a strange fondness for shooting in bathrooms, but usually while doing something less ordinary.

well theda..I was wondering if we would be blessed by your presence.

smile

Jan 27 06 11:53 pm Link

Model

Samantha Grace

I have been shot in the bathroom alot. Mostly in bathtubs. But a toliet... gound I haven't touched yet!
Personally I think it can be cute!

Jan 28 06 01:02 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

utako omori wrote:

I would have never gotten it either because the water you describe coming down the wall does not really show and as far as  I can tell she is just standing there looking down. I see no implication of her goin potty.

Jan 28 06 01:09 am Link

Photographer

utako omori

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Samantha Grace wrote:

Agreed, I had no idea what she was doing. It looks like she is laughing at the wall.
Take the image about 10 feet back. Have her panties down legs spread.
I was actually thinking she went in the glass. Because there is questionable yellow stuff in it.

questionable yellow stuff was brandy from the bar owner.
i couldn't drop the hotshorts because then the ad couldn't run in the magazine.
even the pics from far away left people scratching their heads and confused.

i will go back to that urinal but with a different idea/motif since it won't be to sell hotshorts and now i know it's got to be a different colour fluid in the glass as to not give the warped, ideas wink

Jan 28 06 01:45 am Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

utako omori wrote:

i will go back to that urinal but with a different idea/motif since it won't be to sell hotshorts and now i know it's got to be a different colour fluid in the glass as to not give the warped, ideas wink

You are shooting a woman using a men's urinal and you are worried about warped ideas?

Jan 28 06 01:54 am Link

Model

Samantha Grace

utako omori wrote:

questionable yellow stuff was brandy from the bar owner.
i couldn't drop the hotshorts because then the ad couldn't run in the magazine.
even the pics from far away left people scratching their heads and confused.

Good idea. Heck a stap on would give you a better idea.
Or use a classic urinal!

Jan 28 06 02:15 am Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

theda wrote:

Theda, had I only known...

Jan 28 06 08:57 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

theda wrote:

scrubbing bubbles?!?

Jan 28 06 08:59 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

utako omori wrote:

You could have her pull the front down A LITTLE bit, just enough to see the assymetric pantyline of undies pulled down in the front.

Then, the waterfall effect is missing, hence, for me it wasn't even clear that she was standing in front of an urinal...

Also, you could use a small hose and let apple juice flow through that could be used as a urine stream, so it'll be more visual.

I would also suggest to experiment with a tripod and a simple rear curtain sync with an off camera flash, using a diffuser and a bouncing it off a wall or ceiling.

This may give you a visible flow of the waterfall, visible apple juice stream and a well lit image.

Jan 28 06 09:06 am Link

Photographer

visionmedia

Troy, Michigan, US

Everyone wants to be like Jenny McCarthy.

Jan 28 06 09:12 am Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

visionmedia wrote:

Jenny who?  In our case it was more spur of the moment.

Jan 28 06 09:21 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

visionmedia wrote:

I object!

I never wanted to be like Jenny... being WITH her... yeah... maybe... she'funny... but I am quite happy being me... wink

Jan 28 06 09:43 am Link

Model

Angel Tara

visionmedia wrote:

Well, for me that wouldn't be a wise goal

*goal left unattainable, I must now think of someone else to emulate*

Jan 28 06 10:55 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Angel Tara wrote:

Well, for me that wouldn't be a wise goal

*goal left unattainable, I must now think of someone else to emulate*

Errr... Adriana Lima?

Your kids think you look like her... so, that's very "emulateable"... big_smile

Jan 28 06 11:01 am Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:
...Because it's totally inappropriate, something a lot of us find exciting.

yes,
always HOT.

Jan 28 06 11:06 am Link

Model

Angel Tara

UdoR wrote:

Errr... Adriana Lima?

Your kids think you look like her... so, that's very "emulateable"... big_smile

well, the only thing we really have in common is skin and hair color, sometimes! LOL

so, I'll stick to just being regular old me...on a toilet big_smile

Jan 28 06 11:10 am Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

As I soon as I read this I started cracking up, 'cause I was just thinking that the other day. I've seen very few pictures with people on toilets where it actually looks good.

visionmedia is referring to Jenny McCarthy's CANDIES ads some may be trying to imitate...

Jan 28 06 11:17 am Link

Model

Barbray

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I do NOT undestand why anyone would WANT a shot of themselves on a toilet seat. Every time I see photos/or an avatar of someone outside "fetish/alternative" modeling venues straddling a toilet, with legs spread wide for a crotch shot, and/or 'riding' the toilet seat hoping to look like a sexy bronco buster or something...only heaven knows what...I lose interest and do not bother to check out the rest of the portfolio.

Sorry but Jenny McCarthy wearing Candies while on a toilet seat....puhhhhhleeeeeeez!
The ONLY toliet seat shots that I have liked and thought were cute are print ads of little kids potty training.

Jan 29 06 12:05 am Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

I agree with everything Mollie said.

And I add...its rather juvenile something Beavis and Butthead would do.  Would you like fries with that?

Jan 29 06 12:08 am Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

ART OF ARIANE wrote:
I agree with everything Mollie said.

And I add...its rather juvenile something Beavis and Butthead would do.  Would you like fries with that?

Hey Angel can I be Beavis?

Jan 29 06 10:32 am Link

Photographer

Lesley Brown

Marfa, Texas, US

to each their own smile

https://www.hotroddolls.com/photography/other/Privacy_Please.jpg

Jan 29 06 07:08 pm Link