Forums > General Industry > How early to contact a model?

Photographer

Northwestpixel

Eugene, Oregon, US

So, I'm going out of town in a few months, and I want to set up a TFP shoot while I'm out of town. How much time should I leave to contact a model? If I ask too early, she won't know her schedule. If I ask too late, then she may already have plans. What is a good amount of time, to ask about scheduling a shoot?

Mick
Northwestpixel

Jan 27 06 10:39 am Link

Model

leila

2 weeks?

Jan 27 06 10:45 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

When the moon is full and the eagle fly’s west, that will be your sign to call Grasshopper tongue

Jan 27 06 10:48 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Ask as soon as possible. Some do in fact know their schedule that far ahead. Especially professionals who mainly do modeling as a living. If they do not know their schedule that far ahead that sometimes means their schedule is open that far ahead so they will make sure to leave a spot open.

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

C R Photography wrote:
When the moon is full and the eagle flys west, that will be your sign to call Grasshopper :Q

CRAP! That explains SO much!
lol

Model

Brandy

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

If it were me, I'd contact atleast a month ahead of time... I know I like to have that kind of time to prepare, get you on my schedule and do whatever else may or may not need to be done.

Jan 27 06 10:55 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I'd contact asap
I'm currently scedualing shoots for March If she doesn't know her scedual it is open and she can put you down then ask for the day off if she has a day job.

If she does mostly modelign she should have no problem lookign ahead a month of so. callenders go all the way to december.

Jan 27 06 11:00 am Link

Photographer

Northwestpixel

Eugene, Oregon, US

Yeah, I think I'll error on the side of too early. Better too early than too late!  ;-)

Mick
Northwestpixel

Jan 27 06 11:06 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Miss Anthropy

Portland, Oregon, US

C R Photography wrote:
When the moon is full and the eagle fly’s west, that will be your sign to call Grasshopper tongue

Are you talking about me and if so Why ???

Jan 27 06 11:28 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Northwestpixel wrote:
How much time should I leave to contact a model?

Whenever you want to.  If you contact somebody months in advance, allow for the possibility that they may cancel as their plans change (but they may cancel anyhow, so oh well).  If you contact people late, they may already be booked, or have a hangover.

The point is there is no right or wrong answer.  Do whatever feels right to you and have a great shoot!

Jan 27 06 11:33 am Link

Model

Samantha Grace

Los Angeles, California, US

I like at least a month!

Jan 28 06 02:56 am Link