Forums > General Industry > anyone from America's Next Top Model?

Model

Kelsi W

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Just wondering if anyone on MM has ever been a contestant on America's Next Top Model??  I love that show! I'm so addicted

Jan 26 06 10:00 pm Link

Model

maggieminaker

no im not but last night i just met two of the girls that will be on this years show one black girl that was breath taking and another tall white chick with brow hair ... they were so nice and they both danced all night and got very drunk

Jan 28 06 02:39 pm Link

Model

Eden Alexander

Beverly Hills, California, US

A REALLY LONG BORING STORY WITH NO PAY OFF!

i was at Hot Topic & hear this really loud annoying woman behind me. i turn around & it's Janice Dickenson(this was back when she was still on the show). she compliments me on my great beauty(yeah, i know you're hating ;-) & says that i should try out for the show. Janice hugs me, & i leave immediately to fill out the paperwork, get the passport, make the video, etc.

in reality, i'm 5'5, but they only accept girls that are 5'8 plus.i lie & say i'm 5'7(i knew that if i showed up & stood next to the amazons that i could at least pull off 5'7 in some heels,no problem).of course, they never picked me. alas i'm too short to be a "model"(although with that same passport, i had an all expenses paid trip to Japan to shoot).Believe me, i was the tallest person in Tokyo.

SO THERE!

Jan 28 06 04:05 pm Link

Model

Stacey Lauraine

Los Angeles, California, US

i am going to aply when i am 18, i am only 16 now

Jan 29 06 02:35 pm Link

Model

Jenna C

Montpelier, Vermont, US

be advised that even though it's "America's Next Top Model," they are not casting for models.  They are casting for a tv show.  They want the diva, the trouble maker from NYC or LA, the virgin from the midwest.  A couple of african americans, maybe a hispanic, the blonde haired blue eyed girl, etc.  It's a tv show now, not about beauty or model material at all.
Whatever you do, pick your character when you walk in!!!

Jan 29 06 08:30 pm Link

Model

Sabina N

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Ah, that is some really perceptive advice, Jenna :-)

Yeah, the looks of the models aren't so much what would sell it to the general public; most people only have a general idea of what the requirements for fashion are. It's the dramas and the little interviews... I've only seen the show once, over two years ago, but I've heard it's become more about the thrills, such as seeing who would stand posing with a tarantula and such... heh, there's a reason I don't even have an antenna in my home; the only real thing about "reality" TV is that it's unscripted, as I understand it ;-)

I also remember some of the models taking it quite harshly, when they were kicked off the show... in reality-reality, I would guess they all stand a chance for a modeling career, even if it ain't the big contract, or whatever they're offering.

If I auditioned? My character: the under-the-radar 5'6 3/4" unlikely, who has never been drunk... possibly the misfit of the group... but wouldn't many of us like to think that? Meh, I want to model, is what, not appear on TV so much... although I would think some of the challenges and trials on there simulate the business accurately enough.

Sonntag

Jan 29 06 09:32 pm Link

Model

Samantha Grace

My friend and I were going to do The Amazing Race as the internet based model duo. We both had to work when they were looking for hopefuls.Survivor came by last week in Cleveland. I thought about trying out for fun. Then I thought I could actually make it. Since, I would be the prissy girl/ worldly girl. Who doesn't like sleeping outside, and having to use a bucket in the tinkle house!!!JUST THE HORROR OF IT SCARES ME!

I think I might try America's top model.
I think they might pick me I am so a diva haha. Who isn't full of herself. But I tend to say alot of silly things. Such as "I love tinny hats they make me feel naughty, I have a fetish for them."
Or my friend was telling me about a man who got his penis stuck in a hot tub. I said " Don't men masterbate with hot bagels and butter anymore." I think they could have fun with what I say!
I wouldn't want to win either. They would cast me because I would be known as a loser from the start!!!

Jan 30 06 03:54 am Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

My character?  The typical token asian....the catty bitch!  LOL  tongue

Jan 30 06 09:44 am Link

Photographer

John Landers

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Sonntag wrote:
in reality-reality, I would guess they all stand a chance for a modeling career, even if it ain't the big contract, or whatever they're offering.

As far as I know, the only ANTM contestant who's actually made it as a real model is Elyse Sewell, from the first season (or cycle, whatever).  Check out her LiveJournal:

http://elysesewell.livejournal.com/

Jan 30 06 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Stacey Lauraine wrote:
i am going to aply when i am 18, i am only 16 now

You have to be 18?

Jan 30 06 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

Jenna C wrote:
be advised that even though it's "America's Next Top Model," they are not casting for models.  They are casting for a tv show.  They want the virgin from the midwest.

Me too wink

Jan 30 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Powell Ful Creations

Buffalo, New York, US

Jan 30 06 01:46 pm Link

Model

Sexiest Carly

my character: the hippy, the *ahem* cigerette smoking hippy.

*what's up with all the underages on that show drinking? anyone else notice that?

Jan 31 06 08:30 pm Link

Model

Sabina N

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Saint John wrote:
As far as I know, the only ANTM contestant who's actually made it as a real model is Elyse Sewell, from the first season (or cycle, whatever).  Check out her LiveJournal:

http://elysesewell.livejournal.com/

Fair enough... although perhaps some of them, although not the bigger stars, have found agency representation in general? I don't follow the stories, but I would think several of them came out as working models, at least. Meh.

Funny that, though - Elyse was my favourite of the one episode I ever saw :-)

Jan 31 06 08:35 pm Link