Forums > General Industry > Miami Meetup

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

Alright we'll be meeting up @ Volleypalooza on Sunday February 12th.

Friday's restaurant (5th and Ocean) afterwards.

If you're going to be playing in the tourney, post it up so that we can go cheer you on!!!! ;D

Jan 31 06 10:09 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Hey, I am traveling to Ft Lauderdale in a couple weeks. What are the best places for beach shots?

peter in vegas

Jan 31 06 11:49 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Thanks for all the tips guys!  See you in Ft lauderdale/Hollywood!

Jan 31 06 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

I forgot to add:

If you need info about the desert let me know. I run a tours for photoraphers in the Vegas and Southwest!
Hollywood east here I come !

Jan 31 06 01:08 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Paul Studios

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Crazy Cel wrote:
Alright we'll be meeting up @ Volleypalooza on Sunday February 12th.

Friday's restaurant (5th and Ocean) afterwards.

If you're going to be playing in the tourney, post it up so that we can go cheer you on!!!! ;D

Count me in as well! What time on the 12th?

Jan 31 06 01:12 pm Link

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

Joe Paul wrote:

Count me in as well! What time on the 12th?

You know I hadn't really thought of a time.  It'll be sometime in the afternoon but I don't have the schedule for Volleypalooza yet and I don't want to interfere with the people who want to attend who are in the tourney.

Jan 31 06 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

John Landers

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Sounds like fun - I'm looking forward to this already!

Jan 31 06 01:19 pm Link

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

If you can't make the meet-up @ Volleypalooza, we're going to take the party to Friday's afterward!! ;D

Jan 31 06 03:09 pm Link

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

Just wanted to remind everyone!

Feb 02 06 08:04 am Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

i think the next one should be in ft lauderdale so its easier for the people in west palm to meet and its in the middle....

Feb 02 06 08:11 am Link

Photographer

StudioAndy

Miami, Florida, US

Sounds like it's gonna be a nice turn around...it'll be a good idea to keep making the announcement so people don't forget...a lot can happen in 10 days smile

Feb 02 06 08:12 am Link

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

The Don Mon wrote:
i think the next one should be in ft lauderdale so its easier for the people in west palm to meet and its in the middle....

Well there is a photog thing happening in March.  If there's a nice turn out this time hopefully we can make it a regular thing. wink

Feb 02 06 01:02 pm Link

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

reminder

Feb 04 06 09:09 am Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Crazy Cel wrote:

Well there is a photog thing happening in March.  If there's a nice turn out this time hopefully we can make it a regular thing. wink

Photog thing? Like another meetup?

Feb 04 06 01:47 pm Link

Model

Melissa Brouard

Hollywood, Alabama, US

I would come.  I would like to meet some of you.  However, people tend to flake at the last minute.  I think I might head out to that volleypalooza thing.

Feb 07 06 12:04 am Link

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

Gabriel wrote:

Photog thing? Like another meetup?

There's some convention that one of the photogs mentioned here... Check back a few posts... It should be mentioned.

Feb 07 06 08:41 am Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Ah OK, I think that's next month. The Photoshop thing.

Feb 07 06 11:32 am Link

Photographer

JenniferMaria

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Melissa Brouard wrote:
I would come.  I would like to meet some of you.  However, people tend to flake at the last minute.  I think I might head out to that volleypalooza thing.

Melissa, I'll see you there! smile

And as far as the flakes, actually someone tried to do a meetup in Ft Lauderdale through MM months ago, and Melissa and I were the only ones that showed up!

Feb 07 06 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

tyat

Miami, Florida, US

Heh, yeah, I remember that one. When I heard that the person organizing it wasn't going, I didn't think it was a good sign. Won't make it this time, but don't have too much fun without me, people!

Feb 08 06 02:16 am Link

Photographer

dax

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

It seems that there is no volleypalooza this year.. =\ I don't know what is going on.. but as of right now.. no set date..

Feb 08 06 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Dax wrote:
It seems that there is no volleypalooza this year.. =\ I don't know what is going on.. but as of right now.. no set date..

Check the link!!!

Or do you know something we don't?

Feb 08 06 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Gabriel wrote:

Check the link!!!

Or do you know something we don't?

What link? This one? http://www.volleypalooza.com/ ??

Have YOU checked? Make sure you check THAT link again, read it.. check your calendar and then get back at me ;-)

Feb 08 06 07:03 pm Link

Model

seby

oh too bad i beleive i am shooting on that day sorry have fun all

Feb 08 06 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Dax wrote:

What link? This one? http://www.volleypalooza.com/ ??

Have YOU checked? Make sure you check THAT link again, read it.. check your calendar and then get back at me ;-)

Well obviously YOU don't know Doc and his DeLorean! "Back... to the future!!!!"

Sorry about that big_smile I'm still stuck on 2005, I guess LOL

Well, screw it, if we can't do Volleypalooza we can still do Friday's, right? smile As good a meeting spot as any.

Feb 08 06 08:37 pm Link

Photographer

dax

LOL LOL :-D

I dont think any of you guys noticed that..

I just haven't heard anything about it.. Usually there is a buzz going around with models and agencies.. and I am yet to hear a thing. weird!

Feb 08 06 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Yea, I was looking forward to that, but oh well.

We're still on, though, righ? This thread just got knocked down to the 2nd page, so it's time for..

Ba-da-bump to da top...

Feb 09 06 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Solo

Miami, Arizona, US

Great Idea! Keep me posted.

Feb 09 06 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

JenniferMaria

Miami Beach, Florida, US

I'm still going to SoBe around sunset. Then head to Friday's on Ocean. It will be fun. I guess I'll wear something extraordinarily bright. Wait, here in SoFl, that's like camouflage. lol

Feb 10 06 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Well, I'm still up for meeting with everyone, but other than Jennifer and Dean, no one has responded in a few days... sad  Must be a Miami thing, I guess... I've seen it happen in other venues.

If anyone else wants to still join up, post here... Friday's at around 6 PM (sunset) sounds fine to me. This is a great chance for everyone to network a little, shoot the sh*t, hang out and put a face with a (screen) name!

Feb 10 06 10:19 pm Link

Photographer

dax

If I remember and if Im not doing anything I'll drop by.. smile

And nope there is no volleyplooza this year.. This is by far the worst season donw here in a while.. very few castings.. very few models..  sad

Feb 11 06 10:36 am Link

Photographer

JenniferMaria

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Dax, I had a feeling there would be no volleypalooza.

Here is more bad news: the cold front! I'm a wuss when it comes to weather.

I doubt there will be many people at the beach anyway.

So, yup, I'm not coming. I'll wait til it gets warmer. brrr!

Feb 11 06 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Ack.. and then there were none. lol

OK, I guess I'll go hiking and location scouting in the Everglades then... I actually love the cold and am looking forward to another ride in the National Park down south, plus some decent hiking time without all those damnable mosquitos!

Feb 11 06 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

DeBoer Photography

Melbourne, Florida, US

Gabriel wrote:
Ack.. and then there were none. lol

OK, I guess I'll go hiking and location scouting in the Everglades then... I actually love the cold and am looking forward to another ride in the National Park down south, plus some decent hiking time without all those damnable mosquitos!

lol

My first time in the Everglades National Park...

I prepared by covering myself with Deep Woods OFF (sprayed it all over my skin and clothing).  Things seemed "cool" until I was traveling on a path that had some bushes blocking the way...

I pushed aside the branches and started to step through....and I kid you not...within seconds, there were like a million mosquitos on me...on my clothes....on my arms....busily trying to pump me dry.  They TOTALLY ignored the Deep Woods OFF.

Those mosquitos must have not had a meal in weeks!

Needless to say...I turned around and ran out of there screaming like a girl. smile

Feb 11 06 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

LOL I love the Everglades, but yes, those skeeters can be quite pesky... I've learned to tolerate them, though. I've even been out there in the height of summer - the best time for animal viewing as there are no tourists around - and one time returned with mosquito parts up my nose. Literally. Quite disgusting but I just sucked it up (no pun intended!).

One of the last times out, I saw a dead Burmese Python in the jaws of an exhausted alligator. It either had a lucky find, or I missed one helluva show. Unfortunately, I only had my toy camera with me (HP Photosmart EVF) and could have really used a good wide-angle. I was that close!

Feb 11 06 07:04 pm Link

Model

Christie_Marie

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

I'll be there tomorrow!

Feb 11 06 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Eugene Breaux retired

Saint James City, Florida, US

Hi all,

We call Fridays on SoBeach on Sunday, late afternoon to check before coming down and they told use no one was there.  What happened?

Feb 13 06 12:12 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Some bailed, some never replied again to the thread, still others kinda disappeared...

I'd love a meetup, but I've noticed a lot of people will be all for it until the day actually comes, lol. I decided against it as I saw most people had lost interest, unfortunately, and being a cold day it was a good time to hit the Everglades (no mosquitos when it's cold). A little too cold to be on a sportbike, but ah well, we survived anyway smile

Feb 13 06 01:41 pm Link

Model

Christie_Marie

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

I was sitting at the bar from 5:30-7

Feb 13 06 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

JenniferMaria

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Christie_Marie wrote:
I was sitting at the bar from 5:30-7

Christie! That sucks!

There has got to be a way to get Floridians together without another hurricane! I bailed because I didn't see any volleypalooza happening, nor did I want to be at any beach (even the one 2 mi away from home) in any weather less than 70 degrees.

I'm pretty sure I'll end up organizing a models&photographers get together in the downtown Fort Lauderdale area as it warms up. I'll bump the thread every now and again to keep you posted. I'd rather a private email to see a headcount, though!

Feb 13 06 09:36 pm Link

Model

Zoe

Palm Beach, Florida, US

i prefer ft. laud; i'm in palm beach...was busy this weekend...

Feb 14 06 06:22 pm Link