Forums > General Industry > Using Forum Replies As Intelligence Tests

Photographer

Elite Imaging

Oak Ridge, Florida, US

Hey GB,

Just got me a brand new 1D MK II today, I almost crapped myself when it arrived.
What a sweet sweet piece of camera.

NEWAYS Like, I'm gonna shoot my ass off this weekend. GOODBYE F5!

TTYL  Lol

Jan 25 06 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

I DO. That is one of the things that gets me. There is no thread tracker so I say to email me if interested. Now and then I find a casting call I did months ago and forgot about and , sure enough they replied directly in the thread instead of email like I said.

That was the joke...I was intentionally ignoring your post... see... joke...

Jan 25 06 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

raveneyes wrote:

That was the joke...I was intentionally ignoring your post... see... joke...

har har smile

Jan 25 06 07:19 pm Link

Model

Lady Bronze

Los Angeles, California, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
Am I the only one who sometimes uses the replies given or the way they are given as some sort of a test to see if you want to work with that person or not?
I often give very good details in my posts, especially my casting call posts. I even give specific information on the best way to contact me. Such simple details that if they can not follow them , or if they ask questions already answered in the post,I am not sure if I want to use my time and effort to work with them.

definitely. There are a few people I wouldnt go near with a ten foot pole, based on how they communicate with others.

Jan 25 06 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
I often give very good details in my posts, especially my casting call posts.

Yes, from your most recent listing in casting calls...

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
I am seeking models for wedding gown shots in and in front of various churches and and at other locations around Sacramento and San Francisco.

I can see where you would have cause for concern from those answering.  Minor details such as where in those large cities, who is supplying the gown, styling, payment, times, and other things need not be considered details...

Jan 25 06 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Jan 25 06 07:37 pm Link

Model

Mandie

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
Mandie,I just went through your profile and site. I am hurting right now. I was eating General Chicken, ya know, that hot spicy Chinese chicken dish? I swallowed one of the tiny hot peppers!

Awww, sorry 'bout that!  I didn't mean any harm!  It must not have been too bad, because you didn't leave any comments!

Jan 25 06 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

area291 wrote:

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
I often give very good details in my posts, especially my casting call posts.

Yes, from your most recent listing in casting calls...

I can see where you would have cause for concern from those answering.  Minor details such as where in those large cities, who is supplying the gown, styling, payment, times, and other things need not be considered details...

Certain details for that shoot depend on the models schedule and mine as well as her ability/willingness to travel. Things like that would be discussed between me and the model interested in doing wedding gown shoots.

Jan 25 06 07:39 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I make a mental note of who I'd never work with based on some comments in the forum. It really has nothing to do with spelling or grammer, but more with attitude. I don't understand those who have contempt for models/photographers but continue in this industry.

It doesn't matter because our paths will probably never cross anyway.

Jan 26 06 08:17 pm Link