Forums > General Industry > question to the models.

Photographer

WILCREATIVE

Washington, District of Columbia, US

How many photographers will you guys shoot with until you start to send your work out (i.e. headshots to casting agents)..or do you just keep shooting until you find the right shot...do you use agents or the photographers?

Jan 25 06 12:41 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I do not have the agency look so it would be pointless for me to send out to agencys unless they were alternitive ones.
I was getting paid work freelance less than a month after putting up my first portfolio.
I don't have a manager and see no need for one, I'll sign up and put up portfolios where ever I can so I get more exposure but I don't need someone to read my emails for me and take a cut of my money.

If i needed much better images than I have now I'd pay a very good photographer I did in the begginging to get my port started.

Jan 25 06 12:48 pm Link

Model

Tearanny

Clarksburg, West Virginia, US

It isnt about how many photographers, its about how many shots you end up with that are marketable...*(sometimes a painful lesson) Find the look your after, then go after a photographer that can help you accomplish that. I wish you luck! *smile*

Jan 25 06 12:55 pm Link

Model

LaurenS

Fashion models do not have to do one photoshoot because fashion agencies prefer to receive simple snaps or polaroids that properly display the model's face and body.

Like this:

http://models.com/model_culture/model_o … index.html

Jan 25 06 12:58 pm Link