Forums > General Industry > Those pictures of you that will not go away

Model

club Jeska

Riverside, California, US

There are so many awful pictures of me
that i wish would just dissapear.

Why do photograpghers always love the pictures that i  HATE?
I wish i would have used a fake name sometimes
so when you google my name
the worst pictures in the world wouldnt show up

CRAP:(

Do photographers have this problem too
or are you guys proud of all of you work?

Jan 24 06 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Ok, I'll be the brave first to answer. No, I'm not askamed of anything I've done. I know that I'm not a master, and I'm gonna f*** up sometimes, and I'm gonna screw with the lighting, or blow something out, or leave a dog peeing in the background some times. It happens, you learn from it, and move on.

Jan 24 06 05:57 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Yeah.

http://fotog.net/don15.jpg

It just won't go away.  Brian Fidler shot that several years ago and it's been everywhere.

As a photographer my problem is that models show the initial drafts of stuff that I eventually throw away myself.

-D

Jan 24 06 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Burgos Photography

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I've seen that phenomenon on both ends--photographers that I've modeled for posting the worst pics of me from a particular shoot and models posting the pics I've taken of them that they liked the most from the Proof CD (which should have stayed there ;-)

Jan 24 06 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
Yeah.

https://fotog.net/don15.jpg

It just won't go away.  Brian Fidler shot that several years ago and it's been everywhere.

As a photographer my problem is that models show the initial drafts of stuff that I eventually throw away myself.

-D

Pictures...not your hard-on.

Jan 24 06 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

bencook2 wrote:
Pictures...not your hard-on.

Yeah, the picture's been everywhere and won't go away either.

-Don

Then there's this one where Mashulya took the camera and said, "Now you take your clothes off Nehl'-soon."

http://fotog.net/billings2/don01.jpg

Jan 24 06 06:07 pm Link

Model

Zoe

Palm Beach, Florida, US

yes, that's how it goes.  neutral  eventually, the photographers will shoot someone else and then take the 'also rans' down.  smile

Jan 24 06 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:

Yeah, the picture's been everywhere and won't go away either.

-Don

Everywhere you say.

Jan 24 06 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

I do not give models the photographs I do not like. That cuts out the problem for me right there.

Jan 24 06 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

bencook2 wrote:

Everywhere you say.

Ben, I think you're hijacking the thread.

-D

Jan 24 06 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

JasonE

Durham, California, US

>_>

Jan 24 06 06:17 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
Ben, I think you're hijacking the thread.

-D

Well you are "one upping" the models with those hot pics you keep posting!

I think I threw-up a little in my mouth.

I immediatly Googled your name.  It only hit a few links.  I don't think you have much to worry about.  With that MASSIVE tat of yours I don't think you will be able to use "a fake name" to any kind of effective end. 

Also, I think I see the pics you are talking about.  And yes, they are no where near as good as the ones you have now.  Don't worry.  It won't hurt your career.

Jan 24 06 06:17 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Oops!

Deleted upon advice of bencook.

-Don

No, I didn't notice that. (But I was wondering about the tattoo.  I didn't think it showed.)
||
\/

Jan 24 06 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:

Nah, most of those have already sold somewhere anyway.  I just don't take them down ever.

-Don

I am hoping that you noticed I was speaking to the model in the second part of my post!!!!

Jan 24 06 06:25 pm Link

Model

club Jeska

Riverside, California, US

now you see what i mean:(
https://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5586/yuck0mf.jpg

https://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7339/eww0ee.jpg

Jan 24 06 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Love the image names....

-D

Jan 24 06 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Awwwww, come on Jeska... you said you liked this one... at least that's what you wrote in the comment box... wink

Jan 24 06 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

SPM Studios

Albany, New York, US

I have to say i feel the same way... The models always love the shots I hate, and I almost don't like being associated with them, but as they say you are your own worst critic!

Jan 24 06 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

San Diego, California, US

I wouldn't worry about it.  IMO, they reflect poorly on the photographer rather than the model.  You did your job and gave the photographer/client what they wanted.  What counts is having good photos in YOUR portfolio.

Jan 24 06 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
Yeah.

-D

Is that a 'Peanut' in your pocket or are you just happy to be there?
Sorry I couldn't resist!  LMAO

Jan 24 06 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Hamza wrote:

Is that a 'Peanut' in your pocket or are you just happy to be there?
Sorry I couldn't resist!  LMAO

Yeah, that's why I hate it.  The photographer didn't give me time to load the pockets right.

-D

Jan 24 06 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

I can't say that I'm embarrassed of pics that I've taken that models have posted.  BUT I am always amazed that when I allow models to look at their proof sheets, they inevitably choose pics that I am not fond of and if we talk about them and point out why they usually agree. 

That is also why I won't shoot with anyone who demands all the pictures no matter what.  I typically provide a proof sheet with over 100 images to choose from when I do a full shoot.  If you can't find what you want there - we didn't get it...

Jan 24 06 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

For me it's videos.
Man-oh-man....

Jan 24 06 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

jeskavardinski wrote:

Ya know, they could be SO much worse. So they aren`t top quality. I remember seeing those shots of you on here when you first started.Or perhaps it was the other site, I dunno. But you could have done a lot worse.  I wouldn`t knock those shots. If I had shot them I would have tinker with some of the settings of the image. But other than that, don`t hate `em.

Jan 24 06 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Photo and makeup by model Comrade Snarky (https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=60555)

https://charlesbeckwith.com/gagimages/juliepaintedme.jpg

Jan 25 06 12:45 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Ched wrote:
Photo and makeup by model Comrade Snarky (https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=60555)

Awesome X 200

Jan 25 06 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

jeskavardinski wrote:
There are so many awful pictures of me
that i wish would just dissapear.

Why do photograpghers always love the pictures that i  HATE?

Probably for the same reason models always seem to love the pictures that photographers hate.

Do photographers have this problem too
or are you guys proud of all of you work?

I'm not proud of all my work, but nobody but me EVER sees any image I make unless and until I've decided they can. No model ever gets so much as a preview image of a picture that I'm not willing to let the world see. They're not all great - they may not even all be good - but I try very hard not to let any actively *bad* ones out of my sight.

M

Jan 25 06 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

They could very well be the absolute best shots that those photographers have.  If so, why shouldn't they show them?  Besides, there are plenty of people out there who aren't what you'd call aesthetically inclined.  They probably think that those pictures are the hottest thing they've ever seen because you're topless.

There are a number of photos of mine that I shot when I was just starting.  They are comparatively worse than the crap I shoot now.  Sometimes the person who wants the photos has different tastes than I do.  I learned early to not do any work to which I don't want my name attatched.

If there are images out there that you are unhappy with, don't sweat it.  Although, there's a saying that you're only as good as your worst photo and I'm inclined to agree with such logic but I digress...  Ignore that last comment.  Concern yourself with what you have now and make sure that you add something that's better than the last.

Jan 25 06 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

DFournier-Photography

Columbia, Maryland, US

jeskavardinski wrote:

Its a little worse for photographers though.  Even though these pics suck you still look hotter than hades.  Yes I'm sucking up.

Jan 25 06 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

Jeska... just a tip, as I see you constantly spamming for people to shoot you for money... and you'll do anything for money.... because you need money.... why are you now concerned with quality?

Seems the bed was self made......

Jan 26 06 04:33 am Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
Yeah.

-D

Gee Brian, I wouldn't be upset with that shot. Looks to me like you bagged your limit, any more and you'd be poaching.

Paul

Jan 26 06 09:10 am Link