Forums > General Industry > Are you forgetting postings too !!??

Photographer

Bob4friends

Marietta, Georgia, US

Sometimes I post a comment on a paticular models picture, and find myself months later, mysteriously back at the SAME port and am looking at the same picture.....after scrolling down, I realize I've already commented ! I think I'm getting old, but at least I know what my other self likes ;-)

Jan 24 06 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

What`s worse is when you email someone thinking you just saw them for the first time and they are like" You emailed me a few months back and we discussed getting together for a shoot and I haven`t heard back from you since"

Talk about feelin dumb!

Jan 24 06 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

**not to side track**
My Girlfriend had me convinced that this awesome image of her was from another photographer taken just before I met her since I had kept telling myself how familiar this looked and how much this guys work looks like mine.

Foolishly I believed her.

I eventually found out it was from our first photo shoot together.

She will never let me forget it wink

Jan 24 06 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

It's called Getting Old.

If you ask me about an event that took place 30 years ago, I can recite every detail.  Ask me about something that took place this morning and I do recall getting up.

Being forgetful is just life.

Jan 24 06 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Bob4friends wrote:
Sometimes I post a comment on a paticular models picture, and find myself months later, mysteriously back at the SAME port and am looking at the same picture.....after scrolling down, I realize I've already commented ! I think I'm getting old, but at least I know what my other self likes ;-)

I do this from time to time.  I often say that I liked the photo so much I had to comment twice.  wink

Jan 24 06 07:01 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

I do find it interesting that I have been drawn to the same pictures more then once, when I go over so many thousands of images every day...But, it shows me that I apparently have some kind of consistent taste, whatever the hell that means.

Jan 24 06 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

jac3950

Freedom, New Hampshire, US

Bob4friends wrote:

LOL.... been there, done that. You know what they say about Alzheimer's patients: they get a whole new set of friends every day.

Jan 24 06 07:08 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Beebe

Tracy, California, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
What`s worse is when you email someone thinking you just saw them for the first time and they are like" You emailed me a few months back and we discussed getting together for a shoot and I haven`t heard back from you since"

Talk about feelin dumb!

yeah, and via emails they don't get to see your dumbfounded stare at the pc monitor. I'm sure the bewildered and stupified looks would make great candid shots.

Jan 24 06 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Beebe

Tracy, California, US

C R Photography wrote:
**not to side track**
My Girlfriend had me convinced that this awesome image of her was from another photographer taken just before I met her since I had kept telling myself how familiar this looked and how much this guys work looks like mine.

Foolishly I believed her.

I eventually found out it was from our first photo shoot together.

She will never let me forget it wink

It's nice to see a great looking portrait - then realize it's your own! (and, I don't mean as in a stolen image - I was really tired when I did this bit of stupidity.)

Jan 24 06 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Beebe

Tracy, California, US

Bob4friends wrote:

Brian Diaz wrote:
I do this from time to time.  I often say that I liked the photo so much I had to comment twice.  wink

I've intentionally gone back and commented again - when that image is strong enough to stick in your head all through the week!

Jan 24 06 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

Elin Striga

Örebro, Örebro, Sweden

Bob4friends wrote:

*raises hand* And I'm "only" 26...

Jan 24 06 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

'Monk

Denver, Colorado, US

Yes and that reminds me that I need to go take my memory pills now smile

Jan 24 06 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

Dreams To Keep

Novi, Michigan, US

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:
It's called Getting Old.

If you ask me about an event that took place 30 years ago, I can recite every detail.  Ask me about something that took place this morning and I do recall getting up.

Being forgetful is just life.

LOL - Too true.  Pretty soon I'll be able to wrap my own Christmas presents and still be surprized when I open them!

Jan 25 06 12:01 pm Link