Forums > General Industry > Test shoot NO SHOWS!

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

How about your MUA being 2 1/2 hours late?

It's cool, I knew she had a prior engagement, so i'm not mad. Just had to reschedule the shoot.

Jan 21 06 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Matthews

Chicago, Illinois, US

Ok I'm very big on reputation good raport and keeping mine at the highest.
I don't have a issue with noshows.  I do an extensive phone interview before the first shoot to establish an excellent raport. Now I have had reschedules but that is becasue I stress that canceling and/or rescheduling within 24 hours of the shoot is not a problem.  Hell, stuff happens to people.

I have had a model reschedule 3 times, but it was done within 24 hours of the shoot. the fourth time everything when off great.  I do not make the model feel bad if they reschedule, I just say "thanks for the call" and when can we set up another time.

I have dealt with several photogs that get very personal about reschedules and the model is now afraid to call in fear of the drama.  This also goes for the MUA and stylist. They are told the same thing.  Most of the time it is not a cancelation but a "I'll be late call".  Funny thing is i'll call the other parties envoled and pass on the information, since they are also running a lil late.  So things work themselfs out at the end.

I do like the concept of deposits, but I have not had to go that route. Either for paid or TFP shoots.

Jan 21 06 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Myopic Earache

Chicago, Illinois, US

Moderators:  Is there any way the 16,534 threads on this topic can be merged into one giant super thread?

Nov 03 06 05:44 pm Link