Forums > General Industry > what not to wear...

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

I've been noticing something in a lot of portfolios lately and next to people who can't park their car straight, my newest pet peave has to be models wearing heels that don't fit... particularly when they're too big and there's a 1"-2" gap between their heel and the back of the shoe.  I know shoes can be expensive so you have to wear what you can find on the cheap or what's available in the photographer's studio or your model friend's wardrobe... but, please, don't do it!!!  It looks AWFUL!! 
:-)
thank you for letting me rant.....

Jan 20 06 01:42 pm Link

Model

Suzi

Toledo, Ohio, US

Ian Weintraub wrote:
I've been noticing something in a lot of portfolios lately and next to people who can't park their car straight, my newest pet peave has to be models wearing heels that don't fit... particularly when they're too big and there's a 1"-2" gap between their heel and the back of the shoe.  I know shoes can be expensive so you have to wear what you can find on the cheap or what's available in the photographer's studio or your model friend's wardrobe... but, please, don't do it!!!  It looks AWFUL!! 
:-)
thank you for letting me rant.....

IMHO, the worst ever (and celebrities are guilty all the time) is strappy sandals when their toes stick over the edge.  Are you kidding me?  It's like dragging your knuckles on the ground.  It looks sooo bad.  Buy 'em a size bigger, my G-D!

Jan 20 06 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

Jordan Michael Zuniga

Los Angeles, California, US

Lol .. Im so glad someone said that.

Jan 20 06 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

Jordan Michael Zuniga

Los Angeles, California, US

Lol .. Im so glad someone said that.

Jan 20 06 02:34 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

If I may add....
Souvenir lingerie.
You're not fooling anyone. I can tell the difference between Victoria Secrets and that teddy that was cleverly disguised as a rose priced at $3.99 next to the Trident at the BP gas station.
It's a novelty, it's not meant to be worn seriously, well at least not out in public.

Jan 20 06 02:43 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

meh.
double post.

Jan 20 06 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

Envy wrote:
If I may add....
Souvenir lingerie.
You're not fooling anyone. I can tell the difference between Victoria Secrets and that teddy that was cleverly disguised as a rose priced at $3.99 next to the Trident at the BP gas station.
It's a novelty, it's not meant to be worn seriously, well at least not out in public.

i swear, i only wear it at home when i'm doing housework.

Jan 20 06 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

RayAndWen

OLD HICKORY, Tennessee, US

Envy wrote:
If I may add....
Souvenir lingerie.

Damn! I thought I was getting away with it!

Jan 20 06 02:55 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Ian Weintraub wrote:
i swear, i only wear it at home when i'm doing housework.

Ok, as long as I'm not subjected to your "one size fits all" garment that is contrived of nothing more than cheap lace and 15 yards of elastic we are good. smile

Jan 20 06 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

Envy wrote:
Ok, as long as I'm not subjected to your "one size fits all" garment that is contrived of nothing more than cheap lace and 15 yards of elastic we are good. smile

cheap lace and 15 yards of elastic.... hmmm...  i think i now know how Christo got his start.

Jan 20 06 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Don't you just love those cute little toes hanging off the ends of Stripper Platforms?

Jan 21 06 04:02 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Hamza wrote:
Don't you just love those cute little toes hanging off the ends of Stripper Platforms?

::cringe::

Jan 21 06 04:07 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Nemi wrote:

::cringe::

How about the underwear women wear way up so you can see them when they wear the low-Low cut jeans???

Jan 21 06 04:11 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Hamza wrote:

How about the underwear women wear way up so you can see them when they wear the low-Low cut jeans???

This is why I am a loyal fan of boyshorts.

Jan 21 06 04:20 am Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Hamza wrote:

That's actually really sexy, but not in a photography kind of way :p

Jan 21 06 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Hamza wrote:

called wale tails smile

Jan 21 06 12:23 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Miss Anthropy

Portland, Oregon, US

When accompanied by a lower back tattoo, it's called a "california license plate"

Jan 21 06 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Stripper heels.

Jan 21 06 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Miss Anthropy wrote:
When accompanied by a lower back tattoo, it's called a "california license plate"

In German they call them Arschgewei... "butt antlers"

Jan 21 06 07:24 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Miss Anthropy

Portland, Oregon, US

Last night I Saw a pair of tribal things coming out of an asscrack and all I could think was oh my god, ass antlers!!

I for one am tired to the bone of having dipshit models bring in abercrombie and fitch and expect me to touch it without benefit of a ten foot pole or a hazmat suit.

No more boring mall shit. If you can't put together an interesting non-cookie cutter outfit, then listen to those who can.

Jan 22 06 02:16 am Link

Model

Gone Baby Gone

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey, when we're told to bring our own stuff, it's like shooting craps. But I would NEVER go near Abercrummy and Filth or Old Navy or any of that shite.

Jan 22 06 11:35 am Link