Forums > General Industry > Online Profiles

Model

Midori

Boston, Massachusetts, US

What sites does everyone use besides MM? I keep discovering new ones I'd never heard of? Which are the best/ worst ones?

Jan 20 06 12:38 pm Link

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

OMP
Modelsmania.com
Allmodelzone.com

There's a bunch more in my bookmarks but I'm not at my home comp.

Jan 20 06 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

retphoto

Sunbury, Pennsylvania, US

While I'm on here, Allmodelszone, OMP, and maybe a few others....

I try to use local Forums for More networking and exposure. 

And there are Hundreds of them...

here is a good place to find LOTS of them

http://www.bbrent.com/forums.htm

Jan 20 06 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

artist

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Midori wrote:
What sites does everyone use besides MM? I keep discovering new ones I'd never heard of? Which are the best/ worst ones?

The best sites are the sites that get you work (or jobs) that you want and like.

The answer to which is better is different for each person, as some sites have a higher concentration of members in certain areas, or concentrate on different types of photography or work.

You can google or search for a list of sites that match "modeling" or "model and photographer" or similar.  See which of those come up with more hits for your areas, and concentrate on them.

I'm working with a few other photographers (and models) here to set up a site specifically targeted toward the pittsburgh area, so that "noise" from california, texas, even NY or Philly (which is 4 hours away) is already filtered out. 

While looking at portfolios from other states and areas may be fun, it actually wastes a lot of time that could be spent working, or paying bills. 

If a model and photographer are more than 100 miles a part, unless they travel, the odds of hooking up for any job start to drop off faster than a step off the edge of the Grand Canyon.  Even outside of 25 miles, the odds of hooking up for spur of the moment or last minute shoots drops off.

So, while not probably answering your question directly, hopefully you'll see some ideas on where to look for jobs or bookings you'll be able to get to on a regular basis.

Jan 20 06 01:03 pm Link

Model

Amber Dawn - Indiana

Salem, Indiana, US

All sites I'm on at the moment.

OneModelPlace.Com
GarageGlamour.Com
MuseCube.Com
ModelingPage.Com
PremierModels.Com
SoloModels.Com
Net-Model.Com
SuperModel.Com
ModelMayhem.Com **My Favorite One**
PillowThief.Com

Jan 20 06 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Model Mayhem - what more do you need? really?

Jan 20 06 09:37 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

I am on here and Modelplace.com
...Model Mayhem gets me lots of work...I thought about joining omp, but I have heard nothing but bad things about that place.

Jan 20 06 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Nemi wrote:
but I have heard nothing but bad things about that place.

Another one guided by opinion.tsk smile

Jan 20 06 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

I used to be on:

OMP
ModelMayhem
PremierModels
Solomodels

Now I'm only on here and Solomodels. PremierModels and omp got me absolutely nothing, so I cancelled both accounts. omp left my stuff in there, so I went in and took it all out and put "Please delete this account" as my profile info. I haven't checked if they finally did.

Too many modeling websites and no work, no contacts, or no new models to at least test, equals a waste of time IMO. Solomodels is new and may prove worthless, but it has a nice look and some potential. And I got in free thanks to a fellow MM'er. I don't bother with the forums there, though.

Not to hijack this topic, but I have seen that the Internet - for me, at least - is pretty useless at finding paid work. I rely on good ol' legwork to get that, and it does it for me (a little here and a little there at the moment). Your mileage may vary. But the forum here can be fun so hey, I'll hang around as long as ya'll will have me.

Jan 20 06 10:05 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

mm,omp,and a few others. I cant keep track so I am getting away from some of them. I am keeping OMP and MM and maybe one alt modeling networking site.

Jan 20 06 10:06 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

always welcome, fotocycle.

As for the sites I'm on.

Allmodelzone-I actually had a spotlight on there...not sure that means anything...

musecube.com

omp- I get more work for my daughter on there than for me. I don't know if I could have her on here, because she is 4.

I was on solomodels.com

I think I may still be on premiermodels.com, but am not sure...been a while since I checked that site...oops.

I was also on talentmatch.com, but that proved to be a useless site.

Jan 20 06 10:11 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

It's not really the sites you're on, it's the time you dedicate to them...

Jan 21 06 04:13 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Hamza wrote:
It's not really the sites you're on, it's the time you dedicate to them...

Touche.

Jan 21 06 04:21 am Link

Photographer

Alex Mercatali

Forlì, Emilia-Romagna, Italy

I'm into too many and they're not enought! sad

Omp = it works fine for me to get models when I travel abroad. even if they're stooopid enough to send me their pricelist when I specifically typed that I'd do TFCD... had various models not showing up at all, and they didn't reply to my phone call, but whatever, probably I wasn't good enough for them...

http://www.retrokitten.com/       just joined
http://www.modelsanctum.com/     nice fetish community, just started and I get to speak with the pro, so it's fucking cool to be there for me.

http://www.wickedtalent.com/   again in the alternative field, not bad

oh and I won't mention the lesser one aimed specifically to my country :p
(i'm in 4 of them)

Jan 21 06 04:37 am Link