Miss Tempe 2006

be safe! not sorry!

-Melissa Mason

Jan 22 06 02:19 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Hamza wrote:
Come to NYC, I can take you to many places in Times Square that has Fake ID's that look real as hell!  They have the magnetic strip, come in plastic, and even have holograms!!!  Only costs $50.00!!!

Yea, I know. But under black light the new IDs reflect differently depending on if they are authentic or not.
The restaurant I work at has a bar and they as well as many other statewide use the black light method for ID as well as any dollar bills of 20 or above.

Jan 22 06 11:46 am Link

Photographer

M and N Photography

Dallas, Texas, US

All models we shoot with be it pin-up glam or fetish we get or make clear copies
of valid US issued ID. Then copy of that ID along with signed copy of model release
goes into a book. Then we scan both into computer and save in master folder of
all models onto CD.........just in case.

And since we do "fetish/bondage" we have to comply with all the regs of 2257
and do the full model records things, copies of released photo depections as well.
All that is kept in a seperate book and backed up on another CD too.

The joys of shootig "artistic" photos these days!!

Jan 22 06 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Key Photography

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

I ALWAYS make sure to get a photocopy of a valid library card and have the model sign her name in front of me so I can compare the signatures. Then I have a handwriting expert examine the signature and do a complete psychological profile on the model. Then I finger print the model and run it through the FBI and Interpool databases.

OK.. back on a serious note... OF COURSE you get ID for every shoot. DUH!!  Not only in the event of shooting nudes but also to validate the release as legal and binding. Shooting the ID next to the model's face is a great idea that I will incorporate in future shoots.

Jan 22 06 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

Yea, I know. But under black light the new IDs reflect differently depending on if they are authentic or not.
The restaurant I work at has a bar and they as well as many other statewide use the black light method for ID as well as any dollar bills of 20 or above.

The ones they sell in Times Square for $50 have monograms that glow in Black light just like the real ones....

Jan 22 06 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Hamza wrote:

The ones they sell in Times Square for $50 have monograms that glow in Black light just like the real ones....

So are you suggesting that we don't even bother? It's is still a matter of due diligence. Showing that you are trying to do the right thing has to count for something.

Jan 22 06 11:17 pm Link

Model

Brandy

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Sad but true, I've only been asked to show ID once... and even then, the photographer did nothing (no copy, no photo of it). He also told me I looked nothing like my ID photo...

Jan 22 06 11:22 pm Link

Model

Andon

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

I usually offer my ID right up-front.

I'd be wary of any photographer who said he didn't need it

Jan 22 06 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

theda wrote:

Well, you'll card before oitus from now on!

And, yes, it is funny.

Actually I bag before coitus...safety first..never into battle without a helmet!

Jan 22 06 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Merlinpix wrote:

Actually I bag before coitus...safety first..never into battle without a helmet!

Do you prefer paper or plastic?

Jan 22 06 11:54 pm Link