Forums > General Industry > Child Modeling

Model

Victoria E B

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Hey everyone, I have a question. My dad asked me for advice on getting my little sister into some modeling. Any advice on that one? I know everyone wants their baby in pics (she is 4...not really a baby but still), but I just thought I'd try and see.

Also, anyone interested, or know anyone interested, in doing a TFP session for a child model? Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

Jan 18 06 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

Cheeky devil aren't you? (I just looked at your port :-))
I'd like it but unfortunately I'm way up in New England. I like working with kids, though. They are an absolute blast. But you do need to  be quick on the trigger. They never stay in one spot for more than a few milliseconds.
It helps if they think of you as a big grey Teddy Bear :-)

Jan 18 06 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Take her to an agency that contracts child models?

Jan 18 06 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Aitken

Seattle, Washington, US

I've done exactly one shoot with a child model. I cringed at the idea. Visions of the stereotypical celebrity mom manipulating a poor innocent child, forcing them into modeling/acting against their will, floated through my mind. Visions of temper tantrums in the studio. I didn't want any part of that. I was VERY reluctant, but I kinda knew the mother, so I said okay.

She came in with her 5 year old boy. It ended up being nothing at all like I feared. He totally blew me away. He really liked it, and had a blast. He was a total ham in front of the camera. Took instructions really well. We did costume changes and all kinds of stuff, working for a couple of hours (an eternity for a 5 year old). It was all just play to him. He was a total natural. He ended up being easier to work with than half the adult models I've shot.

So while the stereotypical "mommy dearest" celebrity mother may exist, I am now convinced that some kids actually really do like modeling. This kid was born for it. Heaven help his mother when he hits puberty!

Jan 18 06 05:47 pm Link