Forums > General Industry > The "Duh" Factor

Photographer

Sienna Hambleton

Toledo, Ohio, US

So, let's say a photographer puts out a casting notice. Now, with the new fangled way of listing castings, the party that the casting is addressed to knows in bold letters where the casting is at and whether or not it is paid, unpaid, or TFP-whatever. Model answers casting obviously not taking the time to read the heading, the contents, or to even bother to get info on the person doing the casting. So, quick, what do you do? Shall I mock the person openly? Surely they don't think I'm going to cast them? I mean, the idea that the subject in front of my camera can follow good orderly direction would be somewhat of a prerequisite.

Ughhhh.

Jan 18 06 12:42 am Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

It is a shocking fact, that we live in one of the most wealthy countries in the world, with much access to education, yet we have an astounding number of adults who cannot read.

Jan 18 06 12:45 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

I believe it's called AADD Adult Attention Defecit Disorder...

Back in the day it was just called _______! (fill in the blank)

Jan 18 06 12:51 am Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

Oh, you mean like when a photographer posts a casting call for a shoot in, let's say California, and states it is a tfp shoot and he needs local models. Then, you get this little ditzy chick from all the way across the country reply saying she is "Like so interested" in doing this, but she needs her travel expenses paid for...
Sometimes the stupidity of people amazes me.

If I see a photographer's casting, and I don't fit the description, yet still like their work, I will put a little note in the forum saying that I know I don't fit the casting, but I like their work, and I hope they find their model. I feel it is nice to atleast leave a compliment for the photographer, even though I know I'm not the model they are looking for.

Jan 18 06 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

It is sort of ironic actually. Considering how many models complain about photographers, and guys in general online, not reading the profiles. Yet, when WE post an ad,,,,,,,,THEY seem to come down with "Ididntreaditallitis",too.

Jan 18 06 11:34 am Link

Photographer

AllenA

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

So...

Let's get this straight:  Photographers seem to miss pertinent details like as 'NO NUDE"
and models seem to miss 'tiny' facts such as 'TFP/CD Only'

A photographer or model may just be 'skimming' many of these, OR they may actually be a bit slow on the uptake.

They may still produce quality work.  Seperate the art from the artist.

Cheers,

Allen

Jan 18 06 03:15 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Duh!

Jan 18 06 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

Lacking focus photos

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

AllenA wrote:
So...

Let's get this straight:  Photographers seem to miss pertinent details like as 'NO NUDE"
and models seem to miss 'tiny' facts such as 'TFP/CD Only'

Jan 18 06 03:25 pm Link

Model

Rebekka Raynor

London, England, United Kingdom

Sounds like it's cases of wishful thinking.

Jan 18 06 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

Lacking focus photos

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Now it makes sense, Like when my girlfriend asks me over, it means I'm fixing whatever she broke and taking her out to dinner...

Jan 18 06 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

ART OF ARIANE wrote:
It is a shocking fact, that we live in one of the most wealthy countries in the world, with much access to education, yet we have an astounding number of adults who cannot read.

Factually we DO live in the wealthiest country in the world and 15% of Americans over 18 years old can not read.

Most of them are Men (I think one is President), the rest are Women and most of those I've dated wink

Jan 18 06 03:28 pm Link