Forums > General Industry > Tearsheet and other mags

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Anyone know what happened to Tearsheet magazine? I remember it from a few years ago.

Also, what mags out there have less "haute couture" photography and more sexy, dare I say more commercial, fashion photography? I haven't looked at any of them in years... I think Cosmo used to fit the above description, at least better than Vogue. What should I look at to see what's going on right now in mainstream editorial?

Jan 17 06 11:06 pm Link

Photographer

tyat

Miami, Florida, US

Yeah, I was cleaning my apartment the other day and came across Tearsheet mags. Last I talked to them, they were "changing things around" and the mag was to be back in the market soon. Obviously, that was years ago, and it just sort of disappeared. Too bad, I kind of liked it.

Jan 17 06 11:30 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

They are gone from what I heard.  Zink magazine or European magazines is your best bet for high fashion photography.

Jan 17 06 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Thanks for the info. Tearsheet wasn't too bad, as far as these things go, lol (I'd love to shoot for all of them but don't care to read them, usually). Oh well. There are a couple of new local mags to take its place anyway.

Jan 18 06 11:38 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

Yeah, good times with Tearsheet.  I had subscribed, received one issue and then they decided to re-tool the magazine.  ie-take off with everyone's money.  And that was not a cheap magazine.

Jan 18 06 03:06 pm Link