Forums > General Industry > Ever glad that a model no showed?

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

I hear many of you talking about this thing... but I am a bit unclear...
what exactly is this "no-show" that you speak of?

Jan 16 06 10:49 pm Link

Model

The Crimson Kitty

Hackensack, New Jersey, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

Whoa. Didn't know it was a scat shoot!

HAHAHAHAH

I was thinking the SAME exact thing! LOL

Jan 16 06 10:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

WestWoodStudios wrote:
I just joined this site, Are you fellow photographer booking models from this site? I have been here 3 short days and i have to say, between no shows and flakes and who is a profesional photographer or who is a GWC and this or that, i am pertrified to think what this site is for???? i have bowesed several profiles of models and photographers, some profiles have some very scary stuff on them. Flaming each other and talking about others work? Really my freind albert suggested this site as a And i Qoute "Excellent site for net working" i am very confused right now. I may be a little green in the industry and not a big time guy but folks really, why even bother if all there is on here, a big community of flameing and knock downs, and if the model did this, why not post her mm # and everyting so other people can avoid them? Well i will shut up now, I believe i need to see how much work i can really do with this community before i say more.

Robert

hmmmm....networking?  I don't think so, unless you're looking to test and pretty new in the business...or maybe if you're looking for a date (try the shout box)    It's entertaining though  (if you're the kind of person that stops to look at accidents)...I have to admit, the train wrecks here just take my mind off stuff when I want to relax, like watching mindless television.

Jan 16 06 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

ImpactFoto

San Diego, California, US

John Jebbia wrote:
So, yesterday I had an amazing shoot with an amazing model (MM#13444). It was simply one of those shoots that has energized me to the next level. Can't stop thinking about it. It's probably going to change my whole outlook on future shoots for the better.

I actually had two shoots scheduled for yesterday, but the second shoot was scheduled a couple hours after Miss Bronze. Model #2, is one of those twits who woke up one morning and decided she was going to be a model.

Anyways, I finished up with Miss Bronze and off she went to her next shoot. I started to clean up and prep for model #2 who was due to arrive 2 hrs later. As I was cleaning up, I couldn't help but think that I was wasting my time, since the next model would never be able to top or even come close to what I just finished shooting. In a way, I was wishing I hadn't booked her.

And you know what? Sure as shit, she e-mails me 5 minutes before we're scheduled and tells me, "I'm very scared and don't think I want to go through with this shoot." Don't ask what she was scared of. She didn't elaborate.

But the point is, I am glad she cancelled. It gave me more time to sit back, smoke a cigarette, and reflect on the awesome shoot I just had with a wonderful, prepared, professional model!

I'm happy! That is all.

I've had a few that DID show that I wish hadn't!!  lol

Jan 17 06 12:44 am Link

Photographer

Jordan Michael Zuniga

Los Angeles, California, US

At first the ego used to kick in, and I would be upset if a model no showed.

As I got better, and more confident, I just got a little peeved, sat back and had a beer to kill time in between bookings.

Now, I just thank them for booking a shoot with me, and wish them good luck.
Models are a dime a dozzen, and the best girls I have ever shot have not been more than 20mins late.

Jan 17 06 02:36 am Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Bumping all the no-show threads.  Got the idea from somebody else.

Jan 13 07 12:09 pm Link