Forums > Newbie Forum > playboy model!!

Model

Sarah Starr

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I've always wanted to go into playboy. I think i have a unique look and i have a tiny frame and big....well you know lol. But im so confused on what to do and how to do it. Like............what are the best people to get in touch with, what kind of pictures should i send, am i playboy material, etc. If you tried out for playboy or were in playboy then you would help me out ALOT!! Thanks everyone smile

Jan 24 08 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

dklee studio photo

Richmond, Virginia, US

the best thing to do is go to playboy.com and go to one of the casting calls.  on the website, it also tells you what you need to do, and the ways to get in.  don't fall for the, i have a friend who has a friend, who will get you in...

Jan 24 08 02:15 pm Link

Model

Brandi Runnels

Dallas, Texas, US

Before doing submissions I would shoot some AMAZING glamour nudes.  You're a cute girl, you should be able to get in somehow, but get some great pics.  The good news is, there are a LOT of photographers on here that submit to Playboy AND shoot for Playboy.  From this thread you may find a few, or try doing a thread search on "playboy photographers".  Good luck to you sweety!  Hope to see you on the pages!

Jan 24 08 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

http://www.playboy.com/pose/index.html

and you can discount 99.99% of all the guys that say they can help you get in....

Jan 24 08 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

DKLEE STUDIO wrote:
the best thing to do is go to playboy.com and go to one of the casting calls.  on the website, it also tells you what you need to do, and the ways to get in.  don't fall for the, i have a friend who has a friend, who will get you in...

Yep.  Playboy has VERY simple guidelines.  They want SNAPSHOTS of you, a closeup of your face and a shot of your body from the front, side, and back, all nude (or at least topless).  This's all on their website.

They do not WANT or CARE about a lot of images from photographers and PREFER it if you don't have a lot of other nude images out there.
So don't listen to anyone who tells you that you need to shoot a lot of other images first.

Also, there's a TON of guys who will CLAIM they "shoot for Playboy" and they're almost always full of crap.  I know of 3, maybe 4 photographers on MM who really do shoot material for Playboy (Alan from Aviaan Productions is one) and the rest are scammers.
Ditto for guys who say they shoot for Maxim & such.

Jan 24 08 02:24 pm Link

Model

Chandella Online

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

and you can discount 99.99% of all the guys that say they can help you get in....

That's so true... but there are a few who can. You just have toreally check them out throughly. I was in the Nov. 07 issue.

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

I have to learn Doug's brevity trick.

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

So true, anyone can submit pics, and they've made it VERY easy to do now  .  .  .  just get some great shots, and send them off  .  .  .  good help there Doug, and he DOES know what he's talkin' about  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jan 24 08 02:33 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

I agree !
Just go to the website and follow instructions . . .

KM

Jan 24 08 02:35 pm Link

Model

Kayla Savina

Spokane, Missouri, US

Does anyone know how selective they are?

Jan 24 08 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Davis Photography

San Antonio, Texas, US

-Kayla- wrote:

Very!

Jan 24 08 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

funny a couple of .01%'s showed up.....

Jan 24 08 02:40 pm Link

Model

Kayla Savina

Spokane, Missouri, US

Marc Grant wrote:

Very!

Playboy has a reputation to have a tendency towards women who are very tanned, many of whom have obviously enhanced breasts, etc. The typical "Playboy Look", I guess...Is that the primary look that the editors choose, or is it simply a generalization by people who don't really know what they are talking about?

Jan 24 08 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Davis Photography

San Antonio, Texas, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

So is that .02%? neutral

Jan 24 08 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Davis Photography

San Antonio, Texas, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

Double post.

Jan 24 08 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Davis Photography

San Antonio, Texas, US

-Kayla- wrote:

Playboy has a reputation to have a tendency towards women who are very tanned, many of whom have obviously enhanced breasts, etc. The typical "Playboy Look", I guess...Is that the primary look that the editors choose, or is it simply a generalization by people who don't really know what they are talking about?

Playboy loves beautiful, girl-next-door types and natural bodies.  If augmented, they should look natural and fit the frame.  There are always going to be exceptions.

Jan 24 08 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

-Kayla- wrote:

It depends.  For the centerfold, VERY.  For the layout girls, less so.  For the special edition girls, even less so.  Loosest standard is for the cybergirls.  You CAN start out in cyber or special eds & move up to the main mag, but that's a harder path.

*NOTE: This's all based on my understanding from info Alan & a few other people int he know have posted, I have no personal knowledge of the inner workings.

Jan 24 08 02:56 pm Link

Model

Sarah Starr

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

wow you guys really know what your talking about smile thank you so much. and i will keep on reading your advice for sure i REALLY appreciate it alot

Jan 24 08 02:56 pm Link

Model

Kayla Savina

Spokane, Missouri, US

Yes, thank you so much guys! This is all stuff I have been considering for a while now.

Jan 24 08 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Why don't you just talk with Glenn Usdin.  He is in Pennsylvania and has shot a number of times for Playboy.

Here is his MM Profile:  https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=2697

He can give you a more definitive answer and can get you in front of the right people.

Jan 24 08 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Doug Swinskey wrote:

Marc Grant wrote:
So is that .02%? neutral

the few photographers i know of that images published published in playboy wouldn't amount to .01% so i was being generous.

ok..before someone calls me on the carpet....there are other ways into the main magazine...(back doors if you will)....several of the posters here know those back doors...

but...follow Playboys guidelines first....

fyi, my gf was in the july issue of the main mag and she will be in two more this year..
without following PBs outline.

Jan 24 08 03:03 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

SLE Photography wrote:
Also, there's a TON of guys who will CLAIM they "shoot for Playboy" and they're almost always full of crap.  I know of 3, maybe 4 photographers on MM who really do shoot material for Playboy (Alan from Aviaan Productions is one) and the rest are scammers.

Haha, well I just referred her to another who is local to her.  Thanks for the confidence.

Jan 24 08 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

Haha, well I just referred her to another who is local to her.  Thanks for the confidence.

Hi Alan  smile  I was gonna PM you & ask you to come in here.  I know you're not local to the OP but I figured you could point out the legit people in her area big_smile

Jan 24 08 03:10 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
fyi, my gf was in the july issue of the main mag and she will be in two more this year..
without following PBs outline.

damn.

you might just be the worst. father. ever.

/hijack.

Jan 24 08 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Gone Til Novus-ember

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

The_N_Word  wrote:

damn.

you might just be the worst. father. ever.

/hijack.

https://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/oldnangry/ben_johnson_seen_stoneb.jpg

Jan 24 08 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

A Creative View

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Check the castings to see when one of the awesome photogs of MM are in your area traveling and I am sure together you can make some magic

Jan 24 08 04:19 pm Link

Photographer

Shannon Fontaine

Nashville, Tennessee, US

you're getting some good advice here - you might try contacting MM Model Cat Platz - #169443 - she just tested for Playmate

best of luck

Jan 24 08 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Davis Photography

San Antonio, Texas, US

The advantage to working with someone who is submitting girls to the senior editors is that they don't go through any type of screening process.  They go directly to the senior editor.  Take it for what it's worth.  If you don't see an advantage in that then no big deal.  If you do, then you're ahead of the game.

*EDIT* - this is not a back door in.  It just gets it straight to the person making decisions on what Hef looks at.

Jan 24 08 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Marc Grant wrote:
Playboy loves beautiful, girl-next-door types and natural bodies.  If augmented, they should look natural and fit the frame.  There are always going to be exceptions.

https://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articles/images/history_transsexual_bond_girl3.jpg

Yep, there definitely are exceptions!

Jan 24 08 08:02 pm Link

Model

Big A-Larger Than Life

The Woodlands, Texas, US

Yeah, there are a few exceptions.

https://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S0202sQ5lHO7kAoiijzbkF/SIG=12jmn1h4v/EXP=1201313068/**http%3A//cdn.digitalcity.com/celebrity-photos/girls-next-door.jpg

--PP WAS HERE.

Jan 24 08 09:05 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:

https://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articles/images/history_transsexual_bond_girl3.jpg

Yep, there definitely are exceptions!

lol

She was stunning though...

Jan 24 08 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Ryan

Glendale, California, US

Applicants for Playmate must send us only recent nude photographs of themselves. The photographs can be digital or prints, Polaroids or transparencies and show a variety of poses, including full figure and face shots. Please do not send us CDs, discs, or undeveloped film since we will be unable to review your submission. Sorry, we do not have photographers that we can recommend.

The editors would also like information on the applicant, such as height, weight, measurements, occupation, awards and hobbies. Please include a brief bio as well.

Playmate applicants must be at least 18 years old and proof of this must be included with the photo submission. This should be in the form of photocopies of two pieces of personal identification. Only the following will be accepted: driver's license, passport, birth certificate, school identification, voter's registration, Social Security, employee ID, or identification issued by the state of residence. Both of the pieces of identification must clearly show the applicant's name. One of these must have a current photograph and list her date of birth, or we cannot accept the submission.

The individual submitting the pictures to Playboy, if other than the Playmate candidate herself, may be eligible to receive a "finder's fee" of $5,000 upon publication of the feature. A finder's fee is paid at Playboy's discretion.

If an applicant is chosen and published as "Playmate of the Month" and she fulfills all of her obligations to Playboy, she will be paid a total of $25,000 with applicable taxes being withheld.

Submissions can be mailed to:

Attn: Playmate Editor
    P.E.I. (Just use these initials which stand for Playboy Enterprises, Inc.)
    680 N. Lake Shore Drive
    Chicago, IL 60611
    USA

Or e-mail [email protected]

Please be sure to include in the subject line of your e-mail: Attention Playmate Editor. Please note this address is for Playmate submissions only. Questions relating to other subject matters will not be answered.

If you are a California resident, please send your materials to:

Playmate Editor
    Playboy Studio West
    2112 Broadway
    Santa Monica, CA 90404
    USA

After the editors have viewed the material submitted, only accepted candidates will be informed in approximately three months. If Playboy has not contacted the applicant within that time period, then unfortunately she was not selected.

While we carefully consider each candidate's potential for Playmate or other features, we DO NOT return unsolicited materials unless accompanied by an appropriate-sized return self-addressed envelope with proper postage. Be assured these photos will not be published and will be destroyed. The submission photos are for evaluation only.

If you would like to be considered as a candidate for Playboy Special Editions, mail your photos and material to:

Special Editions
    P.E.I.
    680 North Lake Shore Drive
    Chicago, Illinois 60611-3088
    USA

Jan 24 08 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

Brandi A wrote:
Before doing submissions I would shoot some AMAZING glamour nudes.  You're a cute girl, you should be able to get in somehow, but get some great pics.  The good news is, there are a LOT of photographers on here that submit to Playboy AND shoot for Playboy.  From this thread you may find a few, or try doing a thread search on "playboy photographers".  Good luck to you sweety!  Hope to see you on the pages!

Lots of false information here.

Jan 25 08 02:44 am Link

Model

Lovely Jade

Orem, Utah, US

There's some great info here. I've been wanting to submit a pic as well. I'm from Utah and I've only found 1 photographer (so far) that has shot for Playboy or at least a playmate. While he is one of the best photographers I've seen I can't afford the (rightfully priced) $1000 he charges. If I can't find another then I worry I about finding someone who can do something tasteful without making me feel like he's just a perv with a camera, lol. I've seen my fair share.
-Jade

Jan 28 08 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Marks Fine Art

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

Juniper Rose wrote:
wow you guys really know what your talking about smile thank you so much. and i will keep on reading your advice for sure i REALLY appreciate it alot

Tell Hugh Hefner i said hello!   hienvy

Jan 28 08 01:34 pm Link

Model

Donna Petra

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

I personally think your playboy material. You have the look. Playboy.com should have requirements up to the standard of looks they are looking for. YOu shouldnt have a problem finding castings and so on and so forth. knock it oUT! smile

Jan 28 08 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Juniper Rose wrote:
I've always wanted to go into playboy. I think i have a unique look and i have a tiny frame and big....well you know lol. But im so confused on what to do and how to do it. Like............what are the best people to get in touch with, what kind of pictures should i send, am i playboy material, etc. If you tried out for playboy or were in playboy then you would help me out ALOT!! Thanks everyone smile

Don't make the mistake of "holding out" for Playboy opportunities that may never come.

Jan 28 08 07:35 pm Link